Odin

Trade Thread

8 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

What's up C12. Good to see you too. I don't think it's too far fetched. LA gave up on Russell way too soon which they obviously have no trouble doing with their young players. He's developing nicely in Brooklyn. As much as I love AG I'm just not sold on his ceiling. His shooting is nowhere near as good as a lot of people seem to think it is.

Okay, I did not read all the way through, I do like the Russel/Carrol + the pick as doable!

I am not certain about what we will do with Nik, but adding Russell and Carroll gives us scoring and "D"! I vote for the 2nd package and do it now!!

1 minute ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing 3rd option isnt too bad either.

I'm a hard pass on option 3. I really like Ross's game and I'm hoping we find a way to bring him back for a reasonable price.

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

I'm a hard pass on option 3. I really like Ross's game and I'm hoping we find a way to bring him back for a reasonable price.

Yeah I like Ross as well but I am afraid that if we sign him he might go in his shell like he did in Toronto

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Why would it be a mirage?

We all get you don’t like him (which is fine) but now his shooting is a mirage and as a 22 year old his numbers are going to go back to his career averages? 

You just continue to double down on D-Lo but this particular argument against him is your worst one yet. 

Just wait and see. I bet I'm right. 

Basically the first 25 games on the season he was a 40.7/35.6/73 shooter

Then the 23 games after that he had 47/40/94 shooting. 

And since dinwiddie went down he's back to the previous levels. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Basically the first 25 games on the season he was a 40.7/35.6/73 shooter

Then the 23 games after that he had 47/40/94 shooting. 

And since dinwiddie went down he's back to the previous levels. 

Dinwiddie has only been out 5 games...are you suggesting he's going to regress and plateau as a player at 22 based off of 5 games where his 3 point shooting tailed off and TOs increased? I guess you could argue he's just had a hot streak and that's not who he is, but given his pedigree I don't think he was doing something wildly unsustainable. I get you're down on him, but what do you realistically think his ceiling is on his next contract? Bottom 25% starting PG? 50%? Sincerely curious. 

52 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'd rather keep Gordon and get a better point guard

Not sure where we will get that better PG but I do want to see BIG play together.  At it's best we would have nightmare matchups for opposing teams.  Isaac needs to work on his shooting but also on some low post moves.  What 3 in this league can guard him down low and if a 4 guards him his quickness should win.  When we get that good PG (Fultz is first on my list) pick and roll with Bamba could be devastating.  If Bamba rolls and PG not picked up it is an easy shot and if center jumps out on PG Bamba rolls for a dunk.  Both above senario's force the defense to cheat or double allowing Gordon to roam free.  Pretty formidable front court.  Need to see if this can happen before we trade them.  This assumes Isaac can play the 3 position and I happen to think he can.  This will probably take one or more probable two years to develop.  Frankly I am OK with that because I do not think we can speed the process up much faster than that anyway.

My issue is Gordon has been a far more consistent player than Russell since they entered the league. I’ve been on the point guard train for years, but given Gordon’s work ethic and consistent growth, I’d personally rather have him than Russell. 

22 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Dinwiddie has only been out 5 games...are you suggesting he's going to regress and plateau as a player at 22 based off of 5 games where his 3 point shooting tailed off and TOs increased? I guess you could argue he's just had a hot streak and that's not who he is, but given his pedigree I don't think he was doing something wildly unsustainable. I get you're down on him, but what do you realistically think his ceiling is on his next contract? Bottom 25% starting PG? 50%? Sincerely curious. 

Bottom 50% of starting point guards. With big streaks of being great but big streaks of being crappy. 

There's just not a lot of scorers who don't get to the free throw line but also aren't elite shooters. 

http://bkref.com/tiny/MnGlp here's everyone in the last 30 years with a similar year to Russell. 

Regarding the Lakers offer for AD, is there anything more they can offer? Seems like the package of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, filler and two unprotected 1sts, coupled with taking Hill’s deal, represents all their chips being played. Honestly, that’s not a terrible deal, imho. 

25 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Regarding the Lakers offer for AD, is there anything more they can offer? Seems like the package of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, filler and two unprotected 1sts, coupled with taking Hill’s deal, represents all their chips being played. Honestly, that’s not a terrible deal, imho. 

Yet if that deal doesn’t get done, imagine how bad the Lakers locker room will be the rest of the year.