Odin

Trade Thread

10 minutes ago, The Boss said:

If they wait till the off-season though they can wait and see who gets pick 1. They could trade for that and other assets and start off their rebuild with Zion. Say NY gets the number 1 pick, they may trade it with DSj and other things for AD, then go after 2 other FAs to automatically make them a contender.

Why will they trade Zion( rookie Contract with very high potential to be a star) and DSJ for a one year contract of AD. Eventhough he said he will sign a long term it is not necessary a sure thing. I dont think any team will trade their next year first rounder without at least a top 2 protection. 

48 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t want this nonsense around our team?

I don’t want this character anywhere near our team! He barely respects the Lakers can you imagine his interaction with our small/medium market team? 

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Robbins gets ticked when we post his articles and I'd like to stay in his good graces. But here's a summary:

1. There's no way we're trading Bamba. "Rumors are completely false"

2. The rumors that Gordon is on the block come from other teams' perceptions of him having a redundant skill set with Isaac. But the magic don't believe that. 

3. "Vuc's status as an all star has no impact on strategy going forward". But that doesn't mean we're trading him (as we're close to the playoffs). Basically the dilemma we talk about here. If we dump him we're going to get worse in the short term. If we don't trade him we might lose him for nothing. Resigning him might not make sense

thanks mate

Just started Jury duty today. I feel it's my civic duty to get my predictions in early this trade deadline.

Instead of endless speculation, i'm just gonna call it. Bamba is traded for a point guard. Vucevic receives a new 4 year contract the same day.

I'll let you guys fill in the details of how much and who is the point guard. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean Fultz is already an NBA level talent so why are you wondering so much?

I don't think you understand the Fultz issue based on your historic comments. Fultz is hurt and if he was the 8th pick that year on a bad team nobody would be saying anything just like nobody is freaking out about Isaac's offense despite the fact they have very similar numbers for their second year. 

The Fultz issue is

1. He's playing on a team with finals aspirations.

2. If he can't shoot he's unplayable because their other high minute on ball guy is afraid to take shots outside of the paint. 

3. He's got a weird undiagnosed injury. 

If he was playing on Phoenix as not the number one pick it wouldn't be as much of a story. 

I mean I'm like until the guy shows that he can play even up to 60% of the expectations I think people should stop thinking he's ready to come in and be a starting PG at the NBA level. 

3 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Just started Jury duty today. I feel it's my civic duty to get my predictions in early this trade deadline.

Instead of endless speculation, i'm just gonna call it. Bamba is traded for a point guard. Vucevic receives a new 4 year contract the same day.

I'll let you guys fill in the details of how much and who is the point guard. 

Hopefully you have a better understanding and more accurate decision on your duty case. Cause you are dead wrong here, my friend. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I mean I'm like until the guy shows that he can play even up to 60% of the expectations I think people should stop thinking he's ready to come in and be a starting PG at the NBA level. 

I think he has a Kris Dunn floor. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Hopefully you have a better understanding and more accurate decision on your duty case. Cause you are dead wrong here, my friend. 

Just my prediction.I feel the best thing we could do is trade for Conley. I'll leave that as my fondest wish and the resigning of mediocrity as my prediction.

This team just doesn't get winning basketball.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I think he has a Kris Dunn floor. 

I would love to get him cheap and have him turn out even better than that. The problem we face is that we need someone that can step in and start right now and Fultz is not that guy.