Odin

Trade Thread

6 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

I feel at this point that’s the most likely scenario. I wish we had a crafty front office. I know people are going to say pe patient etc. but I mean guys who work the phones. The fact that no other team knows what they’re thinking could be that they keep their cards to their chest or that they don’t really have any desire to make transactions.

Or just an aggressive front office. I think they’re overthinking this. Maybe being too cautious which isn’t good at all. You’ve been in charge for two seasons and haven’t done dick besides draft guys who fall to your position and sign backups.  

24 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Or just an aggressive front office. I think they’re overthinking this. Maybe being too cautious which isn’t good at all. You’ve been in charge for two seasons and haven’t done dick besides draft guys who fall to your position and sign backups.  

If one of BIG had been allstar level I’d like to think they’d have been more aggressive. But I think he’s doing the wait and see thing. 

21 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

If one of BIG had been allstar level I’d like to think they’d have been more aggressive. But I think he’s doing the wait and see thing. 

That’s a bad plan.

So essentially they’re are getting paid to wait until something falls in their lap? There plan is not to have one? Damn. Should’ve just hired me. I would’ve done that for half of what they get.

21 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That’s a bad plan.

So essentially they’re are getting paid to wait until something falls in their lap? There plan is not to have one? Damn. Should’ve just hired me. I would’ve done that for half of what they get.

I feel the same way. And to be fair we do not know that’s what they are doing, it’s just what I suspect if we make no moves. They’ll wrote this season off as overachieving if we are a couple games out of the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Yes once the deadline is passed i feel like the best thing we can do is play big more and try to put Fournier in a situation to reclaim his value.

Remember this is a player who can get his own shot and take it to the rim sometimes. He hasn't completely tanked like other wings who signed around the same year.

Guys like Evan Turner,Bazemore,Carroll and Batum got paid and cratered. I feel like fournier just needs his confidence, if his shot starts falling again he can be an asset this summer.

I would say the best thing we could do is to relegate Fournier to backup minutes and/or the bench and either start Ross (if we are going to resign him) or give our young guys more minutes.  Not Like we are going anywhere.  His last three years (once he signed his 5 year deal) stats do not show much improvement, if anything they show regression, this current one being the worst.  Best stats were when he played SF which he is not one.  Not sure why, perhaps it is our team makeup, Cliffords system, Fournier's off season program...whatever but he just does not seem to be a good fit here.  Not a completee tank job since he resigned but also not a SG I want for our future either.

34 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

I feel the same way. And to be fair we do not know that’s what they are doing, it’s just what I suspect if we make no moves. They’ll wrote this season off as overachieving if we are a couple games out of the playoffs. 

Which annoys the crap out of me. Paint it write it whatever you want. You’re putting this team and keeping it as a treadmill team. Do something to change that or find someone who will. Enough with status quo.

10 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I would say the best thing we could do is to relegate Fournier to backup minutes and/or the bench and either start Ross (if we are going to resign him) or give our young guys more minutes.  Not Like we are going anywhere.  His last three years (once he signed his 5 year deal) stats do not show much improvement, if anything they show regression, this current one being the worst.  Best stats were when he played SF which he is not one.  Not sure why, perhaps it is our team makeup, Cliffords system, Fournier's off season program...whatever but he just does not seem to be a good fit here.  Not a completee tank job since he resigned but also not a SG I want for our future either.

Let's try to trade Fournier for Rubio. Something like Fournier + Grant + OKC-Pick for Rubio + Sefelosha.

This trade would slove 2 problems (Starting PG and get ride of Fournier).

I think this trade would also help the Jazz. They played there best basketball this season with Mitchell at PG. Fournier could be a nice fit at SG.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Which annoys the crap out of me. Paint it write it whatever you want. You’re putting this team and keeping it as a treadmill team. Do something to change that or find someone who will. Enough with status quo.

I’m with you bro. It’s lazy. 

15 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

I’m with you bro. It’s lazy. 

I miss John Gabriel. Yeah he lucked into Shaq and Penny, but once that era came to an end he was shrewd and did what he needed to do to set us up for T-Mac, Hill and almost landed Duncan. When you’re a small market team you’ve got to be more aggressive if you want to get ahead, unfortunately I don’t think this management is feeling any real outside pressure to make bold moves, or moves at all for that matter. I mean the most kickback they’re gonna get is probably on this message board, not Orlando media or the fan base who drown out Magic fans rooting for the other team at home games