Odin

Trade Thread

2 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

I can’t reconcile the fact that you guys want to go all in on BIG when all indications is that someone is going to have to go. I mean I was super on board when we drafted Mo. He’s who I wanted over the Sextons and Youngs of the world. But even then people were saying we’d have to love someone. 

I’m legitimately not understanding why one of BIG has to go? What am I missing? 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

I’m legitimately not understanding why one of BIG has to go? What am I missing? 

I mean if nobody ever gets any better or develops new skills we have to dump one. But both Isaac and Bamba project to be good shooters eventually so it shouldn't be an issue. 

7 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I don't think anyone said that.  Wasn't the quote that started this off that Bamba isn't as far off as being a decent starting center as some people think?  So nothing about wins or comparing him to another center?

You're changing the argument on everything right now.  First he turned the ball over all the time in the post -- then objective stats proved that's not really true.  Then the argument was well actually he just gets pushed around a lot.  Now you're changing what the argument even was to begin with. 

I think you might need a few deep breaths.  You went from enjoyable, rational guy to hot take apocalypse guy in like 4 days.

How has my position changed at all? I want the team to succeed and I don’t think that’s possible when you can’t score. I agree that Vuc’s importance is greater because we have no PG. I’m sorry that I’m not hot on trading for prospects that can’t shoot and having a roster full of guys that are a “few years away”. Maybe I’d have a little more faith in the FO and the direction of the team if the only guys who were producing weren’t the ones we all wanted shipped off.  I’m sorry if that comes off as negative but the only people that are producing are Hennigan guys, and that’s scary for multiple reasons. 

Just now, DocHoliday said:

How has my position changed at all? I want the team to succeed and I don’t think that’s possible when you can’t score. I agree that Vuc’s importance is greater because we have no PG. I’m sorry that I’m not hot on trading for prospects that can’t shoot and having a roster full of guys that are a “few years away”. Maybe I’d have a little more faith in the FO and the direction of the team if the only guys who were producing weren’t the ones we all wanted shipped off.  I’m sorry if that comes off as negative but the only people that are producing are Hennigan guys, and that’s scary for multiple reasons. 

You moved the goal posts like 5 times. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean if nobody ever gets any better or develops new skills we have to dump one. But both Isaac and Bamba project to be good shooters eventually so it shouldn't be an issue. 

Oh yea totally. But I don’t foresee that being an issue. It’s not like either of their shooting forms look bad. Saying we need to get rid of one now like it’s urgent seems reckless. 

I’ll say this positive. It looks like JI is adaptations to the pace. Now he just needs to hit shots. But I genuinely feel that with a year or so we’re going to add more of those guys, with the same issues. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You moved the goal posts like 5 times. 

Well let me make it abundantly clear. I want to compete, not be a glorified G League team. There are teams that have used the draft AND free agency and trades to be out of the mix for a couple of seasons max. We are going to draft in  the lottery for years and years until one or more become stars. The Clippers did this same sort of thing for years. Meanwhile Indiana remakes themselves routinely. 

• Downvote 1

So, super small sample size, but the BIG line up has been pretty terrible when they have played together.

But 23 minutes with a bunch of young guys isn't really what I would call a good sample size.

57 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think Bamba is as far off from being a decent starting center as people think

Right now the way he fouls we would be lucky to get 24 minutes per game out of him against starters.

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think Isaac is really starting to get the flow of the game. He's looked good for the last few games. Last 10 games, he's averaged 10 pts, 7 rbs, 2 ast, 1 blk. I think that only grows and grows. He just needs to lock himself in the gym and shoot and shoot and shoot in the off-season.

If Vuc is willing to accept a different role, I'm okay with resigning him. If he isn't, try and move Vuc, Fournier, Simmons, Grant for something. Even if we have to throw in a pick.

However, I do like that Weltman has said that the Magic will make the right move, not just any move and that they want long-term assets if they're giving up a rotation player. I hope we can find someone to trade with. 

Ntilikina, Conley, Russell, Rozier, Smith Jr -- those are names that have been circled around for other trades, but I'm not sure how available they are (doubt Smith is moved again)