Odin

Trade Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Maybe they make the Lakers trade and try to rebuild around Ball and company. I’m curious what they’d want from us. 

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Maybe they make the Lakers trade and try to rebuild around Ball and company. I’m curious what they’d want from us. 

If they're trading every vet on the team I'd guess picks and young players. 

7 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Think Fournier, Bamba and a protected first works?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9xltbk7

I dont think we need to trade Bamba at all. There are so many PG's available at this point and not so many teams in need in that position. We can be patient at this point with our young guys. No need to trade away any our BIG.

I heard recently that Memphis is getting very little calls on Conley and are mainly fielding calls for Gasol. They already tested Conley's market and we can get him with maybe Fournier, expiring and a future first. 

With holiday, I dont see it any different. The only teams that might be interested are the clippers, Boston ( which are in playoff contention and not sure they will give any important piece of their core at the moment), Phoenix( who dont want to win now and likely will pass on a PG that will bring more wins this season), Dallas(clearly they want to tank and has no further first picks to give away for like 10 years), and then US ( who lack of identity at the moment).

I rather go hard for Fultz, Conley, Brogdon or Holiday before the deadline WITHOUT giving any of the BIG. If we can't, then we can get one of the bunch of free agents PG's that will be available this summer. 

I dont know what is going to happen with Vooch and I am in the same boat as 90% of the forum. I am ready to move forward. But lets say we sign him in the summer to a multiyear deal. He can be a important piece to use for a potential trade with Holiday or Conley if none are traded before the deadline. His all start resume will likely increase his future value in a possible trade. Again, I rather trade him now only if we get what we need. I dont want to see a Vooch for Lin type of trade. That will not make any sense. 

My goal is to move Fournier above all and  use our OKC pick to fortify his trade value. If noone bites then we need to explore trade sorrounding Ross. I will love to keep Ross but the reality is that he is our most valuable player in our roster and he will be the one bringing us the PG that we need prior the deadline. 

In conclusion: Priorities:

1. Move Fournier for Expiring or picks. Use our OKC to fortify his value if we can get a PG like Conley, Holiday, Brogdon or Fultz. 

2. Explore trade value for Vooch. We can get picks and expiring or use him to get Conley or Holiday. His value in itself should allow us to keep our picks. 

3. Explore value for Ross. ONLY way I trade him is if he can get us Fultz or Brogdon. Not sure if I will include him in any package for Conley or Holiday. I will love to sign to sign him in free agency. I will like to keep him. 

4. TRADE Simmons and Grant. Get whatever value you can get from him. If not of the above happens. Please give me this.  He should get us some 2nd rounders that we can us in the future for other trades. PLEASE. 

5.  If Vooch value is not there and no one wants to give us anything useful before the trade deadline. Resign him for a very team friendly contract. Hoping  he signs and give us a discount. Then start exploring trades immediately while the All start status is fresh. Go after Conley and Holiday if neither are traded before deadline. 

6. SIGN Ross if we still have him in the roster. offer him a Fournier like contract and keep him. 

IF none of the above happen( 1-5 happen, Especially #4) Then I am also done with this team. So I will give them exactly one more year. 

I dont want to see ANY of Fournier, Simmons, Vooch and Grant wearing the Magic uniform past next year trade deadline.  I DO want to see either Conley, Holiday, Fultz or Brogdon as our starting PG starting next year. 

SIMPLE!. I am out! 

ooohhh and Good Morning to all. Left Welcome February with BANG!

6 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Mozgod Simmons and a top 2 protected for holiday is my dream trade

This I like. But I will do top 3 protected. Just in case.