Odin

Trade Thread

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I'd get it if we were 28-23. 

His value is on the offensive end

WE CAN'T WIN GAMES GOING TO HIM IN THE FOURTH QUARTER

If you're an offense only player and you can't sustain scoring late in games you're not worth paying. 

But he is an all star caliber player.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I'd get it if we were 28-23. 

His value is on the offensive end

WE CAN'T WIN GAMES GOING TO HIM IN THE FOURTH QUARTER

If you're an offense only player and you can't sustain scoring late in games you're not worth paying. 

I said I was okay with neither being on the roster next year. I’d have a problem with both. 

So someone explain this to me...

How do the Magic who are already struggling to appear like a competent organization and front office...

How do they survive the embarrassment of finally having an All-Star post Dwight...but then we trade him?

I know I said we should resign him while Bamba is developed...but I think this question needs to be considered more than just saying "trade him to make room for Bamba."

1 minute ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

So someone explain this to me...

How do the Magic who are already struggling to appear like a competent organization and front office...

How do they survive the embarrassment of finally having an All-Star post Dwight...but then we trade him?

I know I said we should resign him while Bamba is developed...but I think this question needs to be considered more than just saying "trade him to make room for Bamba."

I think you're overrating that. It wouldn't be embarrassing at all

Not sure it’s been said, but with Knicks getting DSJ that means they won’t draft Morant and we might be able to snag him right? 

Just now, harley said:

Not sure it’s been said, but with Knicks getting DSJ that means they won’t draft Morant and we might be able to snag him right? 

How do you figure?

Guys making the all star game is a good accomplishment—don’t get me wrong—but there’s a difference between players that make it once or twice in their careers vs perennial all stars. 

Vuch having the title of “all star” shouldn’t change the way you look at him. We are an awful team. He gets the entire offense run through him. Goes ghost when the game matters. Doesn’t play defense. It’s a no. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think you're overrating that. It wouldn't be embarrassing at all

I don't know. I think you have to consider what it looks like to other orgs. I understand he was literally the last one added on but he's still considered one of the best players this season. I think that carries weight in the minds of other players. 

I mean, in a bigger way, I think you can compare this to NYK. They finally get Porzingis, a player worth building around...and they trade him for a player they passed on in the draft to clear cap space for 2 max contracts in the summer. There is a reason people think the Knicks Front Office are a joke. There is a reason why players aren't flocking to go to NY. How you treat players means something to others. 

1 minute ago, harley said:

They’re more than likely picking before us in draft, and they will pass on Morant. So he could fall to our pick? 

Sacramento picked before us. Sacramento passed on doncic. Did we draft doncic?