Odin

Trade Thread

5 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

That's the smart thing to do. Every superstar is doing that now. Dal had to expect this. 

Is it really smart with his injury history?

So whats the best case for the Knicks?  They get the number 1 pick and take Zion? Sign Kyrie and Durant?

Worst case they get Reddish and Sign Kemba and Tobias. Maybe something unexpected like they trade for CP and sign Jimmy Buckets?

These rumors are usually BS to force leverage on teams, that’s why I never get excited because deals usually come out of nowhere; especially with our fo. However, if we don’t do something substantial by this summer then I’m about ready to throw my hands up and bail. I have been a loyal fan since 1989’s inception and I can tell you I’m getting pretty tired of this crap! Evaluation period is over! It’s time to make something happen! Even if you pay luxury tax; the fans deserve it;  you’ll make plenty of money with all your acquisitions and the tax subsidized arena and downtown complex. 

How many teams do you think are trying to pry our "All Star" VUC from our team... My guess None and if they are it's for scraps...

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

It's done per Woj. https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/252433/Knicks-Agree-To-Trade-Kristaps-Porzingis-To-Mavs so do we fire off an offer to the Knicks of our pick and Grant or Simmons before DSJ ever suits up?

I doubt they’ll deal DSJr to us; they may throw Frank N or Burke our way, but neither is a strong candidate for starter minutes now. I would take a cheap flyer on Frank N. as a back up with an upside ceiling. I think Burke is what he is at this point.

Just now, Magicpassion said:

I doubt they’ll deal DSJr to us; they may throw Frank N or Burke our way, but neither is a strong candidate for starter minutes now. I would take a cheap flyer on Frank N. as a back up with an upside ceiling. I think Burke is what he is at this point.

I doubt it as well but I would definitely make the call. Maybe our 1st and the OKC 1st plus Simmons or Grant?

7 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

These rumors are usually BS to force leverage on teams, that’s why I never get excited because deals usually come out of nowhere; especially with our fo. However, if we don’t do something substantial by this summer then I’m about ready to throw my hands up and bail. I have been a loyal fan since 1989’s inception and I can tell you I’m getting pretty tired of this crap! Evaluation period is over! It’s time to make something happen! Even if you pay luxury tax; the fans deserve it;  you’ll make plenty of money with all your acquisitions and the tax subsidized arena and downtown complex. 

Agree. If they don’t make a move they will be losing a bunch of the lifer fans. If I hear them say the word evaluate 1 more time I’m jumping off my roof. 

13 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

So whats the best case for the Knicks?  They get the number 1 pick and take Zion? Sign Kyrie and Durant?

Worst case they get Reddish and Sign Kemba and Tobias. Maybe something unexpected like they trade for CP and sign Jimmy Buckets?

No. Worst case they get nobody. There's enough money out there that they might get nobody

17 minutes ago, Diplo said:

Is it really smart with his injury history?

Someone will pay him. He's worth the risk. Hence why Dallas made they trade. They knew him signing the qualifying offer was a possibility. Lebron is signing one year deals. Durant did to if I'm not mistaken. All the stars are doing or will be doing it.