Odin

Trade Thread

Just now, ?4thewin said:

It's kind of just a bad look. It's favoring lifestyle over career situation. 

I get that philosophy when you're in year 7. I don't really understand it when you're not an established guy. 

Like throw Indiana in there too so it's not blatantly obvious what you're looking for

Also, worst time to be picking NY or Chicago. It is freezing up here.

After seeing the cap hold for Vucevic and Ross it's hard to see a trade without getting back garbage in return, from capped out teams.

Checking the free agent list there will be a pretty big market for both. Vucevic is the top center easy, Ross is very high up the list of shooting guards.

Lots of money i can see about 2-3 teams for each of them willing to overpay.

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

That guy just wants the spotlight. Which is odd because it seems to me like he could use a city like Orlando more than a big market NY or Chi to get his game right. He’s been pretty horrible. I prefer DSJ anyways 

It's not that odd, look at who his dad is.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I can see New york going after him and certainly, will be a good fit next to Porzingis. I just dont know what NYK have to offer that can be of interest to the Lakers unless, perhaps they are interested in Kanter. If so, that has to be done before the deadline. But I am not seeing that happening as they will not trade any of their main pieces pieces til the AD status is figured out. 

For the record I do not like the Celtics at all and do not like the idea of them getting AD but I think its going to happen unfortunately. Here's my thinking:

I'm starting to think the pelicans wont go into full on fire sale rebuild. If they go for a fire sale they would be at risk of losing their already small fan base and the team could be moved. Also I think they are going to take a hard ***** LA stance and just not trade him there. Plus when you think about it LA's package is like the full rebuild fire sale package. Boston could offer them something much simpler that could keep them contenders:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybbhtv8m

This with a bevy of the Celtics draft picks should be able to get it done

Holiday/Hayward/Tatum/Mirotic/Randle 

That's not a bad team at all and will keep asses in the seats.

Boston would look like

Kyrie/Brown/Hill/AD/Horford

11 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

For the record I do not like the Celtics at all and do not like the idea of them getting AD but I think its going to happen unfortunately. Here's my thinking:

I'm starting to think the pelicans wont go into full on fire sale rebuild. If they go for a fire sale they would be at risk of losing their already small fan base and the team could be moved. Also I think they are going to take a hard ***** LA stance and just not trade him there. Plus when you think about it LA's package is like the full rebuild fire sale package. Boston could offer them something much simpler that could keep them contenders:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybbhtv8m

This with a bevy of the Celtics draft picks should be able to get it done

Holiday/Hayward/Tatum/Mirotic/Randle 

That's not a bad team at all and will keep asses in the seats.

I do t think they fire sale. Plus Olafur has come on as of late. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Basically the most cap room we could reasonably have this summer is 35 million. That's renouncing everybody and stretching Mozgov but keeping the pick. 

If you want to keep Vuc and Ross you have the 9.3 million MLE to work with. 

I read in an article that this year is not the year we will be active in FA due to the above math.  But next year, potentially, we will have max cap room.  Today's NBA requires good cap management.  We are getting there but not this year.