Odin

Trade Thread

A real honest to goodness trade proposal for us. I would put out feelers to the Kings for Vucevic. It's no secret the Kings have been underwhelmed by their young centers for a few years.Two reasons the Kings might be willing to trade now.They have no draft pick this year, making the playoffs would be  great for that franchise.

They have a tremendous amount of money coming off the books.Randolph,Shumpert,Koufos,Mclemore and finally W. Cauley-stein is restricted. Trading for Vucevic now will help them win, and give him a tryout before free agency. His cap hold would be nothing for them while they chase free agents. 

Ok, now the hard part. Assuming they really want to part ways with Cauley-stein, i propose a trade involving him and another player. He gets a fresh start and the Kings get a center perfect for their system, who they plan to resign.The second player i would prefer is Bjelica, he hits 3's and has a killer contract. Let me be clear i would take him.

I don't think they part with him, he is one of the only guys they have that can make 3's and is cheap. So i propose we take back either Justin Jackson or Yogi Ferrell with Cauley-Stein and filler. 

What this does for us is give us a tryout on a center who we can sign for less and a little more depth. A pg or sf signed for cheap.Plus no more buddy ball, we can hand the reigns to Gordon the rest of the year.

The Kings would do this because they can run out a line-up of Vucevic,Bjelica,Bogdanovic,Hield and Fox. That is a hard team to guard and they have Giles and Bagley waiting in the wings on cheap rookie contracts.

What do you think?

11 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

I'd protect top 4 because that is the range you can jump into

Yeah i think that's a no-brainer. If Dallas would take a top 4 protected pick, fire away. 

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah i think that's a no-brainer. If Dallas would take a top 4 protected pick, fire away. 

Yup. I mean honestly I'd go top 2 if that's what they demand and it doesn't cost much else. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yup. I mean honestly I'd go top 2 if that's what they demand and it doesn't cost much else. 

Yes sometimes i think some gm's do not understand the draft and how it works. More then likely 2 to 3 weeks ago we were destined to be somewhere around 10.

If we had offered a top 3 protected pick the day all the trouble started, i think they would have taken it. If they had really wanted Gordon then this is all for nothing.

8 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Add Simmons from us, and change the Memphis 2nd to a lightly protected 1st (top 3 2019/top 1 2020) and I would consider it. 

Would have to be a 2022 first because we owe the Celtics a pick, and we definitely have to hit a homerun on atleast 2 more draft picks to play with Jaren Jackson in the next couple of years. 

I just have a feeling the Grizz n Magic will make a some sort of trade. That Jarrell Martin trade in the summer just felt like a "we'll call you later for a favor"-type trade. Both teams probably wanted to see what they were working with before any more moves. Now that they're losing ground in their respective conferences I think they'll pull the trigger on something. 

33 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You would have Barrett second because you dont want to go through a rookie PG with Morant, correct?

Just now, Tank Vogel said:

You would have Barrett second because you dont want to go through a rookie PG with Morant, correct?

I just don't think Morant and Smith are that different and trading the pick for Smith might as well be "drafting" him. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I just don't think Morant and Smith are that different and trading the pick for Smith might as well be "drafting" him. 

This. Just draft either morant or garland. Trade Fournier for anything, may even have to attach the OKC pick to get rid of him. Also I’m on the train that trades both Ross and Vooch, both that helps in future, like draft picks or young players. This roster as it is does my scone in! 

Just now, harley said:

This. Just draft either morant or garland. Trade Fournier for anything, may even have to attach the OKC pick to get rid of him. Also I’m on the train that trades both Ross and Vooch, both that helps in future, like draft picks or young players. This roster as it is does my scone in! 

We can't draft Morant if he's not available. It's why I want to trade the pick. 

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We can't draft Morant if he's not available. It's why I want to trade the pick. 

I reckon Garland or Morant. One will be. Both will be as good as smith. That’s just my opinion