Odin

Trade Thread

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Yeah but they will not be able to do anything unless they have the cap space. With Lonzo and Ingram on board it is very difficult to achieve that. They need to trade for AD now if that is their intention

No. The math isn't like that. They use cap space to sign Kyrie, trade to go over the cap. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

No. The math isn't like that. They use cap space to sign Kyrie, trade to go over the cap. 

Yea. But they still need to get ride of Ball and Ingram in order for that to happen. They will have to do it now or later.

8 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

If I was LeBron I’d go after Kemba, not Kyrie. Less of a wild card. I know Kyrie apologized to LBJ but even so. 

Yeah, I can’t see Kyrie and LeBron playing together again. If Kyrie leaves Boston, it’s only for Brooklyn. I know there were rumors of him and Butler teaming up there

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Also, I don’t see Brow getting traded before the season ends. Almost 0 % chance. But it is fun to talk about

Why?

9 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Why?

Really no reason for NO to rush it. Unless somebody does something foolish and offers them a boatload for an AD rental. He’s still under contract for a year and a half

25 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Yea. But they still need to get ride of Ball and Ingram in order for that to happen. They will have to do it now or later.

There's a specific order it needs to happen and they need their salaries to trade for Davis

15 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Also, I don’t see Brow getting traded before the season ends. Almost 0 % chance. But it is fun to talk about

11 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Why?

Because Boston can't really enter the bidding until the season ends, as mentioned earlier; so the Pels would do better to wait, as the Celts would be prime bidders and would potentially help increase the return for Davis. 

February 7th trade deadline cannot get here fast enough.  Seems this year has more drama than usual but maybe that is just me.  I still go back to the one scenario that our FO should not allow to happen.  Either Vuc or Ross not traded and sign somewhere else this summer and we get nothing in return except their cap salary dollars.  Since our playoff hopes are dead (virtually dead) in the water I think one or both will be gone to greener pastures (dollars plus a winning team).  I could lots of winning teams (Philly, Lakers, Rockets, etc)  who have money want to sign either one to inflated one year deals with options offering a chance to win a title.  I love Ross but if NO will give us their 1st round pick and a player for Ross I do it.  Help NO, a west team,  try to keep Davis.  Vuc has more value than ever, it is time.  Hope we do not lose either for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

February 7th trade deadline cannot get here fast enough.  Seems this year has more drama than usual but maybe that is just me.  I still go back to the one scenario that our FO should not allow to happen.  Either Vuc or Ross not traded and sign somewhere else this summer and we get nothing in return except their cap salary dollars.  Since our playoff hopes are dead (virtually dead) in the water I think one or both will be gone to greener pastures (dollars plus a winning team).  I could lots of winning teams (Philly, Lakers, Rockets, etc)  who have money want to sign either one to inflated one year deals with options offering a chance to win a title.  I love Ross but if NO will give us their 1st round pick and a player for Ross I do it.  Help NO, a west team,  try to keep Davis.  Vuc has more value than ever, it is time.  Hope we do not lose either for nothing.

I don't want to see Vuc or Ross on the roster when we play Feb 7, but there's no way NO is trading for Ross at this point and giving up a first. They are sellers now. Not buyers.

34 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Because Boston can't really enter the bidding until the season ends, as mentioned earlier; so the Pels would do better to wait, as the Celts would be prime bidders and would potentially help increase the return for Davis. 

Yeah. But That is not reason enough to call it 0% chance. The Lakers know this and will be extremely aggresive with their offers. 

The Knicks and Bucks will be ok with that rental risk and can also be aggressive.  The Bucks are in a really good position to offer them a good package to go all in this year. 

The knicks, well they are the knicks and can only hope they convince AD to stay along side Porzingis.

Like OKC did with PG. 

The Pelicans are in a difficult position after the trade request from Anthony Davis, but they still have the power to control when the deal will get done, writes Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated. There are three important dates to consider — the trade deadline on February 7, the draft lottery on May 14 and the start of free agency on July 1 — and New Orleans must determine the best time to move its star.

Woo states that trying to rush a deal by next week only works in favor of the Lakers, along with Davis and his agent, Rich Paul. L.A.’s best offer should still be on the table this summer, and waiting will give the Celtics a chance to become involved. Even if the Pelicans don’t plan to send Davis to Boston, they may be able to gain leverage by using that offer to get more from the Lakers.

The best options may come after the lottery, Woo writes. If the Mavericks, Wizards or another team with established talent lands the top pick, it could be motivated to offer that to New Orleans as part of a package for Davis.

It’s crucial to management, and especially GM Dell Demps, to get maximum value for Davis, Woo adds. Demps’ job was in jeopardy before last year’s playoff run, and the two-year extension he received may not prevent ownership from making a change this summer.

There’s more news to pass along regarding Davis:
  • The Pelicans’ best 0ffer will come from the Celtics, contends David Aldridge of The Athletic. He states that a deal would have to start with Jayson Tatum, who could become a cornerstone player in New Orleans. The Pelicans might also ask for Jaylen Brown, but Aldridge believes the Celtics would prefer to keep one of their young talents and could offer Marcus Smart instead. Boston also has a wealth of draft picks, including a Grizzlies first-rounder that is top-eight protected this year, top six next year and unprotected in 2021, along with the better pick from the Sixers or Kings this year and possibly another first-rounder from the Clippers.
  • The Pelicans may consider shutting Davis down for the season if he’s not traded before next Thursday, suggests Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer. Davis is sidelined with a volar plate avulsion fracture on his left index finger and is being re-evaluated every 48 to 72 hours. If surgery is necessary, it would be a way for the Pelicans to avoid any risk and be sure that they have a fully healthy asset for the trade market this summer.
  • A team source confirms to Marc Stein of The New York Times (Twitter link) that the Knicks plan to get involved in the bidding for Davis. Their best offer is expected to come after the lottery when they know where they’ll be drafting.
  • If the Lakers aren’t able to deal for Davis before the deadline, they will only have seven tradable contracts this summer outside of LeBron James, notes Bobby Marks of ESPN (insider account). L.A. would have to use some of its projected $36MM in cap space to make the deal work and could include some of its free agents in a sign-and-trade arrangement, but only if they agree to go to New Orleans. Marks examines what several teams can realistically offer, including the Nuggets, whom he calls a “dark horse” in the Davis sweepstakes. Denver has a slew of young players and controllable contracts, along with a connection in GM Tim Connelly, who formerly worked for Demps in New Orleans.
  • Writers from The Athletic break down the chances of acquiring Davis for every team in the league.