Odin

Trade Thread

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's a summer where at least half of the league could have similar cap space and I'm not sure I want to gamble against kemba going to play with LeBron or New York to play with porzingis, or going to Brooklyn with another guy as they can create 71 million in cap space. Or Dallas to play with doncic. There's enough other suitors that I'm not confident in getting kemba to play here

I agree about Kemba.  What could possibly be his motiviation to coming here besides Cliff?

Just now, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I agree about Kemba.  What could possibly be his motiviation to coming here besides Cliff?

In this hypothetical the motivation would be Anthony Davis. 

That’s understandable you’re not confident. I would just say that AD is better than KP and (looking into the future) Lebron. KP needs to prove he is healthy and Lebron is aging no doubt about it. We can also consider other free agents like Klay, Jimmy,  Rozier, maybe Bledsoe (although agreed Kemba would pair well with AD). There are lots of good players out there to do something with AD.

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's a summer where at least half of the league could have similar cap space and I'm not sure I want to gamble against kemba going to play with LeBron or New York to play with porzingis, or going to Brooklyn with another guy as they can create 71 million in cap space. Or Dallas to play with doncic. There's enough other suitors that I'm not confident in getting kemba to play here

16 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

For real people come on!  I don't care what anyone on this board says, there are no quick fixes to the Magic's situation.  We need to be accumulating talent right now and preparing for the post Golden State and Lebron era.  We need to be preparing right now to compete with Boston,  Philly, and the Milwaukees of the world  moving forward!

Amen.

There is no quick fix if the goal is to truly contend at some point in the future. We can’t just take short cuts because the first rebuild was a major disaster or we’ll never have hope. 

Edit: Also I’m not saying to bottom out and tank. I’m saying don’t make nearsighted moves to appease a few fans. I am however saying there are some guys who do not need to be on this team anymore. 

• Upvote 2

Look. Unless they fire Dell Demps or Gayle Benson herself is involved in negotiations, there is no telling what Demps has planned. I dare any of you to post his trade and transaction history so we can all scrutinize and laugh at his record. And that’s the truth! We give Otis Smith sh*t to this day but at least he wasn’t a Dell Demps. 

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

That’s understandable you’re not confident. I would just say that AD is better than KP and (looking into the future) Lebron. KP needs to prove he is healthy and Lebron is aging no doubt about it. We can also consider other free agents like Klay, Jimmy,  Rozier, maybe Bledsoe (although agreed Kemba would pair well with AD). There are lots of good players out there to do something with AD.

Klay I don't think is leaving Golden State. We can't max Jimmy. And now we're down to bledsoe which is a pretty steep drop off and would make me nervous. 

Sure Davis is better than porz but kemba grew up 10 miles from MSG and basically made his name playing in MSG I wouldn't rule it out

Pelton lol

ESPN panel on the AD trade request -- "What should the Lakers do now?"

Guy 1: Be prepared to offer most of their young core.

Guy 2: Offer everyone not named LeBron James

Guy 3: Offer every single asset they have to NO and hope it's enough.  And by every single one, I truly mean every one.

Guy 4: Put it all on the table.  All of it.  Offer Magic Johnson's statue if you have to.

Pelton: Not go crazy with their offer.