Odin

Trade Thread

16 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Let's ask GSW if we can get Steve Kerr for an interview!  Since AD and LeBron obviously want to play together, let's call Pelinka and try to get LeBron first, then go after Davis! Haha! 4D chess! 

Reach for the stars everyone! We can do anything we set our minds to!

Do you know what the Pelicans want back in a trade? They may not want a bunch of prospects and potential. We can give a little bit of everything, from good vets to expiring salary to picks. Are you aware we are a timofey mozgov salary dump away from offering a max contract this offseason? Trading Simmons we could even get something back. Why wouldn’t you trade for AD. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Over 50% or the roster is different by the start of next season. 

I like that.  I believe the roster needs to be flipped with the players that have been here to long.  The only way to get the losing mentality out of the franchise.

9 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Are we serious here folks?  Do I need to continue this incredulous shtick for a few more pages?  I am happy to if I need to.

Please don't.

I would be happy to stay the course if we could somehow, someway get rid of one of our bad contracts.

To depend on just our draft pick to improve us is ludicrous. We have to clear a little more cap room to go after a guard.

This means we need to get rid of Fournier or Mozgov. I just can't come up with a scenario where that happens. Luckily, i do not get paid to be the Magics GM.

Thank god we have a real professional with that job. Let's hope they can figure it out. Until then i'll post stupid fantasy trades where we get AD.

3 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

To everyone on this board.  What is your best case scenerio moving forward with this team?

Dallas trades us DSJ for our pick plus relatively unimportant long term stuff. We resign Ross. Frazier or someone we draft at 31 becomes a decent scorer at the backup 2/3. Playing a more tempo based scheme improves Isaac's value on offense. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Self defeating or just the necessary critical thinking skills to know that a Augustin-Fournier-Isaac-Davis-Bamba lineup probably isn't going to inspire confidence or win many games

Yea I get it you got the ultimate crystal ball and know exactly what moves can and can’t be made. Do you have an inside source to know exactly that would be the lineup? No. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Dallas trades us DSJ for our pick plus relatively unimportant long term stuff. We resign Ross. Frazier or someone we draft at 31 becomes a decent scorer at the backup 2/3. Playing a more tempo based scheme improves Isaac's value on offense. 

I love it!  I would also add that Isaac goes with Bamba to work with the skills coach he worked with last summer!  Who knows it could help.  Lol

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Yea I get it you got the ultimate crystal ball and know exactly what moves can and can’t be made.

why is this hard?

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

To stop talking about AD coming to Orlando scenarios.

Eh on another board i put a few Magic trades up to show that  we could beat a Celtics or Lakers offer. We could beat them easily if the Pelicans really wanted a soft reboot.

Our players fit with Jrue and Randle better. Our picks could be better since Memphis and Clippers picks might not convey and the Sacramento pick has a good chance of being much higher then previously thought.

It's all for fun.

15 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Are we serious here folks?  Do I need to continue this incredulous shtick for a few more pages?  I am happy to if I need to.

I would like to believe that there is not seriously a contingent of fans on here who honestly believe it is worth a shot to acquire Anthony Davis in the hopes that it just works out.  A superstar player who is represented by the same agency as LeBron James... who is demanding a trade to a contender... is going to consider re-signing a long-term contract... with Orlando.

I am sitting here at work unable to be productive over the last 20 minutes because I am honestly flabbergasted by this.  There is a lot of really inane stuff said on this board, but the fact that some of us are taking **** and are "self-defeating" because we don't believe it is a worthwhile endeavor to pursue a superstar who has already said he wants to go to a contender and is rep'd by the most powerful agent in the NBA.  Unreal.

Lol you are unproductive because of a forum post? This has that much effect on you???