Odin

Trade Thread

2 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Well first who are you giving up to get Jrue?

I have no idea. Obviously the positive impact depends on the cost. It's a sliding scale. But dismissing the idea outright is just wrong

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I have no idea. Obviously the positive impact depends on the cost. It's a sliding scale. But dismissing the idea outright is just wrong

No dismissing this idea is totally correct.  He is due $79 million the next 3 years.  Makes no sense.

Just now, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

No dismissing this idea is totally correct.  He is due $79 million the next 3 years.  Makes no sense.

I disagree completely. That's what quality players cost

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not really a good presumption. 

We lose these games because we run our offense almost exclusively through Ross, vucevic, and Fournier in the fourth quarter. In January Ross is shooting 38/31 vucevic is shooting 41/29 fournier is shooting 38/26. Those guys aren't closers. Gordon has 60/42 splits and gets only 2.1 fga in the fourth quarter but I'm not sure those numbers would hold up with higher usage. 

Jrue is a significantly better closer than these guys, fixes the "who does fournier or Augustin defend" problem and makes us significantly better overall. 

How is that bad?

The question is why are we doing this in the fourth quarter. Ag should be getting more touch’s. And Isaac is a positive impact player and isnt even in most games at the end. And heaven forbid both in at the end. Clifford just keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over and over 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

OK lets do this for fun. Basically we would be rooting for this team like our 2015 team. Young but infinite possibilities.

First we would have to be a 3rd team in a Lakers, Pelicans trade. In this hypothetical we keep B.I.G plus our pick. Kind of a stretch if you ask me, but possible. 

Then we have to move up to number 2 or 3 in the draft. The only time this happened in the last 7 years was the year after Dwight left. We had the worst record.

OK the impossible part is done. Now thoughts on the team. It would be fun to watch!

However this team would have trouble scoring, maybe more then the last two years. Best case scenario, Lonzo becomes a good spot up 3 shooter(possible).

He continues his good defense while we become lob city with Gordon and Bamba. Barrett is Tatum 2.0 and Isaac takes a leap forward on offense.

One can only dream.

Yeah I Guess reddish would be more likely but still even that sounds exciting!

I’d pass on jrue personally. I just don’t see the timeline as a fit. 

Now if Jrue goes a long with bringing in another big name player than sure. But putting just him on the team I don’t see the long term benefit as we are still a cappy with him. I said the same thing with Conley. 

Id rather Lonzo or DSJ or DRuss or Fultz to a lesser extent. 

13 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

He is not enough of an impact player at that price.  If you are a poor executive and are striving for NBA mediocrity then you go ahead and make that move.

He's the best defensive guard in the league and is averaging 25 points, 8 rebounds, and 7 assists since Davis went down. If that's not impact I don't know what is

I'm all in for Jrue or Conley. A guy like that at an all star caliber could make the difference with some of our young guys development. Showing them what it takes to be at that level etc. Like how Dipo probably wouldn't be as good had he not played with Westbrook. On a personal level I'd prefer Conley because I think he deserves at least one All Star nod and he's much more likely to get that in the East.

The funny thing is the Pelicans screwed up in the same way as the Magic.  

They traded a young guard for a center/forward who really didn't help them win. I believe they played better after he was hurt.

They lose that player the very next off season. Even if  Cousins didn't get hurt, not sure he stays.

Player they traded away blows up. Check out Buddy Hields stats this year. 

Considering that the pelicans biggest hole is at shooting guard, it makes you wonder.

In the modern NBA, dominated by guards who shoot 3's, the pelicans traded away one of the best young prosepcts.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm still on the Conley train.  Might be in on Jrue too but I haven't yet looked at his contract implications and what it means for our future roster decisions.

The young crop of available guards doesn't really do it for me.  Like I'd be fine with any of them and would be optimistic, but they don't really seem like difference makers.  The fact that I feel D'Angelo is probably the best bet of that group is probably not an indictment on myself or on someone who seems him as the worst of this group -- it's probably more of an indictment on the group itself. 

After these last 7 years I'd rather just see a reliable vet come in and steer us to the postseason a couple times until we can find a more permanent answer.  But I could be just way off on this.  Idk.

4 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

The funny thing is the Pelicans screwed up in the same way as the Magic.  

They traded a young guard for a center/forward who really didn't help them win. I believe they played better after he was hurt.

They lose that player the very next off season. Even if  Cousins didn't get hurt, not sure he stays.

Player they traded away blows up. Check out Buddy Hields stats this year. 

Considering that the pelicans biggest hole is at shooting guard, it makes you wonder.

In the modern NBA, dominated by guards who shoot 3's, the pelicans traded away one of the best young prosepcts.

Pels thought they could go against the grain. While everyone zigged they zagged. That GM is 10x worse than anything we’ve had and should be canned immediately. Definitely agree with the parallels in that the Pels failed to put a supporting cast around AD.