Odin

Trade Thread

1 minute ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Lol.  What would be the overall benefit short term and long term in your opinion?

Are you serious?? you are telling me that Jrue doesnt do it for you. 

We need to start winning  games and jrue is a star talented PG at 29 that can help us achive that.  I mean. Westbrook is 30, Harden is 29, Butler is 29. Are you telling me you will not take any of this guys because their ages?

4 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

We need to start winning  games and jrue is a star talented PG at 29 that can help us achive that.  I mean. Westbrook is 30, Harden is 29, Butler is 29. Are you telling me you will not take any of this guys because their ages?

Jrue seems like a pretty class act too.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Acquiring talent so these games mean something to the development of the young guys. We're not garbage, we're flawed. If we were garbage we wouldn't have leads in these games. Obtaining an all star caliber player for a few years is nothing like paying a backup center a giant contract. 

"Oh no we're only a playoff team for a few years, the horror!"

If you are tied for the 6th worst record in the leaugue and 8-18 in your last 26 games you are garbage.  And no Conley or Jrue is going to fix that big picture problem.

• Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

That fact you compared Jrue to Westbrook and Harden tells me something.  If Harden was on this team we would be top 4 in the east no doubt!   

• Downvote 1

I’d be up for holiday but I just don’t think he’s really attainable. I don’t think Nola has the doomsday clock that close to midnight

7 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

If you are tied for the 6th worst record in the leaugue and 8-18 in your last 26 games you are garbage.  And no Conley or Jrue is going to fix that big picture problem.

This is just a naive view of what our issues are. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Lonzo/Barrett/Isaac/AG/Bamba... thoughts?

OK lets do this for fun. Basically we would be rooting for this team like our 2015 team. Young but infinite possibilities.

First we would have to be a 3rd team in a Lakers, Pelicans trade. In this hypothetical we keep B.I.G plus our pick. Kind of a stretch if you ask me, but possible. 

Then we have to move up to number 2 or 3 in the draft. The only time this happened in the last 7 years was the year after Dwight left. We had the worst record.

OK the impossible part is done. Now thoughts on the team. It would be fun to watch!

However this team would have trouble scoring, maybe more then the last two years. Best case scenario, Lonzo becomes a good spot up 3 shooter(possible).

He continues his good defense while we become lob city with Gordon and Bamba. Barrett is Tatum 2.0 and Isaac takes a leap forward on offense.

One can only dream.

2 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

How is it naive when I am just stating facts?

It's not really a good presumption. 

We lose these games because we run our offense almost exclusively through Ross, vucevic, and Fournier in the fourth quarter. In January Ross is shooting 38/31 vucevic is shooting 41/29 fournier is shooting 38/26. Those guys aren't closers. Gordon has 60/42 splits and gets only 2.1 fga in the fourth quarter but I'm not sure those numbers would hold up with higher usage. 

Jrue is a significantly better closer than these guys, fixes the "who does fournier or Augustin defend" problem and makes us significantly better overall. 

How is that bad?

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not really a good presumption. 

We lose these games because we run our offense almost exclusively through Ross, vucevic, and Fournier in the fourth quarter. In January Ross is shooting 38/31 vucevic is shooting 41/29 fournier is shooting 38/26. Those guys aren't closers. Gordon has 60/42 splits and gets only 2.1 fga in the fourth quarter but I'm not sure those numbers would hold up with higher usage. 

Jrue is a significantly better closer than these guys, fixes the "who does fournier or Augustin defend" problem and makes us significantly better overall. 

How is that bad?

Well first who are you giving up to get Jrue?