Odin

Trade Thread

41 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

No Jeff! No John! Don’t even think about it!

Hahahaha.....Made me laugh...watch, they'll go for him....

I wonder if we could build a lineup of 5 shambling 7 footers out there at the same time.  A dream come true for our FO?

27 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Realistically what is Makers value? I'd trade like JSimms for him. Why not?

Heck no!. Grant will do. But do we really want him here?

LA or Boston seems the most likely trade partner for Vooch.  Here's a scout's take on the value of the Lakers' young players.

Because of recent subpar play, big trades with Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma or Lonzo Ball as centerpieces might not materialize as the team heads toward the Feb. 7 noon trade deadline.

“The aggregate value of their assets was much higher six months ago than it is today,” one Western Conference executive told the Los Angeles Times on the condition of anonymity. “And, for all of them, with the exception of Kyle Kuzma, that value is worse.”

In an effort to try to gauge what talent evaluators around the NBA think of the Lakers’ young core, The Times spoke to five different scouts and front office people from the Eastern and Western Conferences, asking them to rank Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Josh Hart and Ivica Zubac in terms of trade value.

Ingram, the Lakers’ No. 2 pick in 2016, would’ve been atop the rankings had these interviews been conducted before the season, but some uneven play in his third season, combined with Kuzma’s continued growth as a scorer has evaluators torn on the two.

“He has a higher ceiling,” one Eastern Conference scout said of the 6-foot-9 Ingram. “Kuzma might be a better player today, but if someone wants an asset, it’s Ingram.”Another Ingram supporter from the Western Conference also pointed to his potential as the reason why he’d be the most coveted.

Ingram’s detractors, of which there are some, have him as far down the list as third because of a combination of poor shooting, passivity and physical concerns.

“Average motor,” said an Eastern Conference scout who ranked Ingram behind Kuzma and Ball. “His scores are too tough. It doesn’t look as easy as it should at his size. [He’s] not as tough as he needs to be, not a three-point shooter and an inefficient playmaker.”

Kuzma’s ability to score earns him points among scouts who think he’d fit in a wide array of situations.

“He’s been the most consistent from what I’ve seen,” said a longtime Western Conference scout who had the 6-10 Kuzma at the top of his list. “He’s a legitimate scorer, he’s shown the ability to defend, and I think his body will hold up better in the next few years.”

No scout had Kuzma ranked lower than No. 2 and three had him at No. 1.

“I personally think Kuzma gets the most return because he has shown the most consistency and he has the most versatility,” an Eastern Conference scout said. “He’s shown he can have big scoring games as well. He’s also on a great rookie contract.”

The one scout who had Ball ahead of Ingram believes the 6-6 guard “will figure out his shot. His style of play is appealing and contagious. A change of scenery will do him wonders, I think.”

The big knocks on Ball, predictably, are his inability to stay healthy and his offensive game outside of passing.

One executive said Ball didn’t have the necessary personality to “run a team,” and that his passing ability gets negated by the fact that opposing defenses don’t view him as a threat to score.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-lakers-trade-assets-20190126-story.html

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

LA or Boston seems the most likely trade partner for Vooch.  Here's a scout's take on the value of the Lakers' young players.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-lakers-trade-assets-20190126-story.html

The Lakers will have to evaluate their position in the 2019/2020 season. Ball, Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, Bonga, Wagner will be on a higher contract and either on a qualifying or Team option by 2020. Bonga will be a free agent in 2020 and Zubak will be a free agent this year. .  They have too many players that will be asking for big bucks at the same time. It reminds me of the 2017 Philadelphia roster  when they had Noel, Okafor, Covington, Stauskas, Embiid, Jerami Grant and Saric all on Rookies contracts with another top first round pick coming their way. Forward 2 years(2019) They only have Embiid in roster. The Lakers, just like philadelphia was, are desperate for another star and will likely sign one this summer. With 2 super mas/ max contracts in their roster it will be difficult to keep up with all the current young core. I see them keeping Kuzma, Wagner and likely Hart but I dont see them keeping Ball nor Ingram past the 2020 season. Bonga will be available  in 2020 and I dont see them signing Zubac after this season. Here are the numbers: 

2019:

Free agent:  Zubac 

2020:

Free agent: Bonga

Team options

Ball: 11 millions

Wagner: 2.1 millions

Kuzma: 3.5 millions

Hart: 3.5 millons

Qualifying Offer: 

Ingram: 9.5 millions

2021: