Odin

Trade Thread

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

We are not trading Vooch and I came to understand the reason behind it. Hammond is not even going to get himself in a position to be the one trading away the first Magic all star player selected since DH.

The media and all people around the league feels that Vooch should stay with the magic and will be crazy to trade him away for nothing. 

It hurts my heart to say but I see us signing him to a multiyear deal in the offseason.

And Clifford loves old school Centers. I think we have a difference of opinion between coaching and management (Weltham and Hammond love length - Bamba and Isaac)

Something will have to give and it might not be pretty

I’m Probably one of the few on here that is ok with us resigning Vuch at a team friendly contract. I hope it’s for 3 years/team option on year 4 that is incentive based. I think our front court will be set for years to come with JI, AG, Bamba and Vuch. Vuch can slowly turn over the reigns to Bamba when he is ready. It’s our back court that is killing us the obvious is we desperately need to upgrade the point and 2 guard spot and perhaps a combo 2/3 player that can slide to 3 at times. 

1 minute ago, Magicpassion said:

I also agree with you.

I'd like to see us trade for a decent PG but also get a dominant wing player, even if we have to move one of the young guys. Someone like Jimmy Butler or something

I will be ok with signing Vooch but we need to do something about Fournier and Ross. I will love to keep Ross but It is hard to believe that we are keeping vooch and Ross without trading away Fournier. We need money to upgrade the SG and PG position. That should be our priority. 

I’m not ok with resigning Vuc. Once we get scoring from our wings and our offense isn’t build around him then we don’t need him anymore. In fact he will be easily replaced by a center that does center things like rebound and defend. 

It's his contract year! Props to him I didn't expect him to play in a all-star level, but if we resign him then what? Will he continue this level of play and if he doesn't now what? We already saw how hard it was to trade him before, his value is at its highest right now. Kinda reminds me of that hedo situation

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Teams don't just lose all their games. Sometimes they win. There was no strategic error. 

And they should win except when it makes no difference to your season and can affect your draft position and other teams are losing to get in front of you.  Last year's strategic error was allowing Dallas (who definitely tanked even after being fined once), maybe even Atlanta to get into a better position than us.  Those late wins, especially the last game, did this franchise no good (unless Bamba develops into a super star which is my hope).  Philly, Lakers, and I think Phoenix have in the past or are now losing strategically to get to picks 1-3 and use the draft, as one of their strategies, to rebuild.  Trevor Ariza, a good player, experiment in Phoenix did not last very long.  That trade of him certainly did not help them win more this year but may in the future.  I would love to know what our future is and I hope it includes a PG?  

57 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m Probably one of the few on here that is ok with us resigning Vuch at a team friendly contract. I hope it’s for 3 years/team option on year 4 that is incentive based. I think our front court will be set for years to come with JI, AG, Bamba and Vuch. Vuch can slowly turn over the reigns to Bamba when he is ready. It’s our back court that is killing us the obvious is we desperately need to upgrade the point and 2 guard spot and perhaps a combo 2/3 player that can slide to 3 at times. 

If we are going to keep Vuc, ands since some have questioned whether his play next year will match this year's contract year play, why not one year deals.  Lots of teams doing that, why not us?

27 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

And they should win except when it makes no difference to your season and can affect your draft position and other teams are losing to get in front of you.  Last year's strategic error was allowing Dallas (who definitely tanked even after being fined once), maybe even Atlanta to get into a better position than us.  Those late wins, especially the last game, did this franchise no good (unless Bamba develops into a super star which is my hope).  Philly, Lakers, and I think Phoenix have in the past or are now losing strategically to get to picks 1-3 and use the draft, as one of their strategies, to rebuild.  Trevor Ariza, a good player, experiment in Phoenix did not last very long.  That trade of him certainly did not help them win more this year but may in the future.  I would love to know what our future is and I hope it includes a PG?  

We tried to lose those games by playing several g-league level players starting minutes and we lost. No use complaining about that

19 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

If we are going to keep Vuc, ands since some have questioned whether his play next year will match this year's contract year play, why not one year deals.  Lots of teams doing that, why not us?

Because vucevic has to agree to it and it's not in his interest.