Odin

Trade Thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

1. Blow up the team. Prepare to tank for 7 years. Hope you win the lottery when there's a generational player and not a Wiggins. 

2. Build a foundation. Improve the perception of the franchise as a viable destination for a free agent. Improve the perception of players by having them play in meaningful games. Up their trade value so we make the list the next time a superstar demands a trade. 

All our success has been based on 2 #1 pick centers.  Fact!

4 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

All our success has been based on 2 #1 pick centers.  Fact!

Yes. We got lucky that we won the lottery when there was a generational player available and not Wiggins, John Wall, Andrew Bogut, etc 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes. We got lucky that we won the lottery when there was a generational player available and not Wiggins, John Wall, Andrew Bogut, etc 

I totally agree.  But it's not always the number 1  but it generally is top 3 maybe top 5.

20 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Zion...sadsvg. Sigh.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah you have to position yourself during a season where most teams have limited cap space. Big spending this year is gonna get bad

Yes. That is why I said NOT this year

Have to agree here with 4TW. After thorough research and crunching numbers Mike Conley makes the most sense. And as stated before he is a high character guy that will certainly help in the development of our young core.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Per @ShamsCharania the Mavs inquired with the Hornets about Kemba and were told no interest in moving him. Further evidence the intent is to ride this out to July and re-sign him.

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

If we get Conley without giving up a big piece I think we win 40+ this year

Really? I guess if you still center everything around Vuch than yea. Conley/Fournier/Ross/Gordon/Vuch could in theory be a .500 team with a couple players like DJ, Bamba and Issac off the bench. 

Going this route might make sense if you don’t think Gordon or Issac ever become true stars (I obviously don’t). I still think Bamba can be an all star at some point. 

Id still rather just get a younger PG. Also there’s no way we aren’t giving something up for Conley.