Odin

Trade Thread

Just now, Magicman28 said:

Yeah but there’s a difference between resigning a young talent and looking for talent. In 2-3 years we’ll have to do the latter.

Yeah but in this case I think it's a positive. We give big money to a rookie free agent and we're stuck with him if he's flawed and the money timeframe kills us when it comes to resigning Isaac and Bamba if they're flawed. That exact situation is how Otto Porter got max money and Crabbe got a huge deal. "He's good but not that good but we can't afford anyone better so give him what he wants". 

This also applies to DSJ, ball, and Fultz vs the rookie free agents. 

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Sometimes it makes sense to go to war with what you have for a while. 

With the new lotto odds what you're asking for is being prepared for 7 years years of being a bottom 3 team (7 years times 14% chance of getting the number one pick gives you 98% probability of getting the number one pick). 

Plus a few years to develop that guy. That's not really palatable for most fans at this point where we've been out of the playoffs for going on 7 years now. 

I am very familiar with the new lotto odds.   I understand the frustration of fans but to me fake success in not success.  I guess I just think differently.  But at the end of the day we all want the same thing and that is we love our team and want them to be successful!

38 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

This is a possibility but we don't know for sure, since Vuc has never played with someone better than him. You could also take the optimistic approach and say he could thrive like Brook Lopez in Milwaukee. Or that his defense would be better, with less physical exertion on offense.

I just look at our franchise, our coach, and I don't see people willing to tank. We're not firing Clifford anytime soon and that guy loves to compete at all costs and play through a Center. If we're trying to win-now, might as well get Vuc some help.

Gordon, Bamba, Isaac are nice but there's a good chance none of them become as good as Vuc is right now EVER in their careers.

And yes, I still think Vuc has some flaws, but maybe we'd be better off living with the flaws and try to minimize them, like Denver does with Jokic

Brook Lopez is being paid 3.3 million to score 12 ppg as a spot up shooter. 

Jokic gets his value by being possibly the greatest passing bigman to ever play in this league. Vucevic can't do what he does. 

I think a better comparison is David Lee, the All Star holding back Golden State from playing it's best version of basketball. 

There's a reason why we've looked better recently with Birch in and the times we get competent play from Bamba. 

If you get a ball dominant player in here vucevic isn't as valuable. You stop running plays for him and he becomes a pick and pop guy. 

There's a reason he's been on the trading block since June 2016 and nobody has offered anything of consequence for him. 

4 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I am very familiar with the new lotto odds.   I understand the frustration of fans but to me fake success in not success.  I guess I just think differently.  But at the end of the day we all want the same thing and that is we love our team and want them to be successful!

That thought process is really depressing. 

10 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

If it doesn't hamper our future finding joy in the small victories is what we should be doing. If it means getting back to the playoffs that's a risk I'm willing to take. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

That thought process is really depressing. 

I feel the same way about after 7 years of losing that fans have a defeatest attitude.  We should be proud of what we have accomplished and what we can accomplish moving forward!   We are the f**king Orlando Magic!  We don't settle for mediority we dare to freaking dream for something great!  Just like in 93 when he had a 1 and 66 chance to get the #1 pick and we did.  I have the attitute of greatness and not settling for something less.  If we fail fine, at least we tried!   

7 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

If it doesn't hamper our future finding joy in the small victories is what we should be doing. If it means getting back to the playoffs that's a risk I'm willing to take. 

And it's not "ok we made it to the playoffs, mission accomplished" it's "let's make the playoffs a few times, improve the perception of the organization, improve the perception of our players and maybe set ourselves up for a harden type trade since the alternative way to contend isn't possible right now.