Odin

Trade Thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

No. It's been said by multiple Dallas people that this is Smith not wanting to hurt his reputation by sitting and Carlisle trying to accommodate him while they try to find a deal (possibly this summer)

Yeah I thought that made the most sense after I read the article. Watching the Mavs game now. DSJ has 15/6/2 late in the third. He has 4 turnovers and is 1 for 5 shooting 3's.

Just now, magicblue said:

So as far as salary cap wise and flexibility wise, I'm assuming the team would be pretty much set in stone for the next couple years. Where would this leave us with Vuc/Ross?

Depends on what we trade for him. I don't remember exactly but I do know we can resign Ross, sign a mle guy, and still be under the luxury tax

5 minutes ago, magicblue said:

So as far as salary cap wise and flexibility wise, I'm assuming the team would be pretty much be set in stone for the next couple years. Where would this leave us with Vuc/Ross?

Would hate to lose T-Ross. He is our best 3 point shooter. Would rather involve Simmons in any kind of a deal.

So it appears that it is pretty much unanimous here. Conley is the player we would prefer to get in any kind of trade that is made. Seems to make the most sense.

Assuming it's the pick Mozgov, Simmons, and Grant for Conley 

A roster of

Conley-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-vucevic (resigned at 14 million)

Augustin-Ross (resigned at 14 million)-iwundu-?-Bamba

Briscoe-Frazier-?-?-? With 9.3 million either spent on one free agent or split between 2 guys and another minimum contract. 

We'd be right around 131 million with the luxury tax at 132 million. 

If we just kept Ross and didn't keep vucevic we'd be way under. 

Edit: also I rounded numbers. It's possible I'm off by a million either direction

19 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

So it appears that it is pretty much unanimous here. Conley is the player we would prefer to get in any kind of trade that is made. Seems to make the most sense.

Huh??? If bring in Conley gets us another trading chip then yes I agree but in terms of having him till the end of the season I disagree. Knowing out luck the dude will break within the first week. 

• Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

I voted DSJ, but not at the expense of BIG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MagicOne said:

Plus with MC you know what you're getting. You also know that he is high character/low maintenance.

The best thing about getting Conley is his leadership. Something this team has lacked for years on end.

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

1A - Conley 1B - DSJ 2 - Fultz 3 - Rozier 4 - Lin

Really feel like those are 4 of the most likely new Magic men by the deadline. At least I hope.

We don't even know if Fultz will ever play NBA level basketball again, how can you have him ahead of 2 guys that we know can? Unless we can get him for scraps he's not a good risk. This is NOT pre-draft Fultz.

• Downvote 1

I like Conley we really need a vet like him to groom our future stars. But don’t get me wrong I still like dsj hes probably #2 on my list of attainable pgs. But people forget that dsj is kind of injury prone also. Last year he only played 69 games and this year he has only played in 28 of their 46 games played