Odin

Trade Thread

Just now, MagicOne said:

DSJ vs Conley. Who you got ? (Even though I pretty much already know the answer).

In a hypothetical situation where the deals are exactly the same, DSJ. 

If DSJ costs something of consequence to get and Conley is basically our pick and inconsequential salary matching,  Conley. 

4 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

DSJ vs Conley. Who you got ? (Even though I pretty much already know the answer).

I'm cool with either one. DSJ may solve our problem long term while Conley gives us some time to figure out what we have in the young guys with a proven guy in the locker room.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

In a hypothetical situation where the deals are exactly the same, DSJ. 

If DSJ costs something of consequence to get and Conley is basically our pick and inconsequential salary matching,  Conley. 

This. I don’t want to part with Isaac, Gordon or Bamba.

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

This. I don’t want to part with Isaac, Gordon or Bamba.

Agreed, if that's seriously what it's gonna cost for DSJ then I'd be okay with Conley

I just read an article that said Rick Carlisle is happy to have DSJ back and that he will be in the starting lineup vs the Clippers. He said the Mavs are 30th in the NBA in pace of play and that DSJ can help improve that. He went on to say that with J.J. Barea out for the season it is even more important to have DSJ back. 

Could this just be talk or do you think Carlisle is sincere ? With Barea out for the season they may think twice about unloading DSJ ?

Just now, MagicOne said:

I just read an article that said Rick Carlisle is happy to have DSJ back and that he will be in the starting lineup vs the Clippers. He said the Mavs are 30th in the NBA in pace of play and that DSJ can help improve that. He went on to say that with J.J. Barea out for the season it is even more important to have DSJ back. 

Could this just be talk or do you think Carlisle is sincere ? With Barea out for the season they may think twice about unloading DSJ ?

No. It's been said by multiple Dallas people that this is Smith not wanting to hurt his reputation by sitting and Carlisle trying to accommodate him while they try to find a deal (possibly this summer)

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Also I'd take Conley over any of the young free agent point guards. 

Plus with MC you know what you're getting. You also know that he is high character/low maintenance.

• Upvote 1

So as far as salary cap wise and flexibility wise, I'm assuming the team would be pretty much be set in stone for the next couple years. Where would this leave us with Vuc/Ross?