Odin

Trade Thread

9 minutes ago, The Boss said:

I think I'll throw up if Vuc and Fournier are starting for us next season.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I’ll throw up if we do nothing by the deadline.

I would like to see both of them gone, for different reasons. It's them finishing I can't handle; because for the most part, they can't. 

Vuc is playing better than he ever has, and his defense is the best it's been since his first year here; but I can't see him being happy coming off the bench. If we get a young(er) point guard to create a more up-tempo game, he doesn't fit. If he stays, he and DJ coming off the bench could make for a strong bench, playing a different tempo than the starters. The problem is, an unhappy Vuc is not a good player. So you either have to play the slower tempo and let him start, or you have to move on from him; and the last 5-6 years have shown we aren't going anywhere with Vuc as our best player/1st option. 

If I have to watch Fournier play much more 4th-quarter, hero-ball I may hurt someone. Part of our problem, and why we let people back in, is that Fournier becomes a black-hole in the 4th, especially if the other team is on a run. He over-dribbles, and either gives to Vuc for a contested shot at the end of the shot-clock; or takes one himself. We have no ball movement in the 4th once Fournier touches the ball. He doesn't have the speed to create his own shot in the 4th, and seems to lack the self-awareness to know it. Also, everyone in the league knows that Fournier isn't going to give up the ball in the 4th, and they are prepared for it. 

• Upvote 1

Another scenario floating out there has Vooch going to the Clippers in exchange for Jerome Robinson, Marcin Gortat, and a 2019 second round pick.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think he's a NBA player. It'd be a wasted roster spot

I have seen him playing. He is pretty good. He still young and somehow raw but is an excellent  athlete with potential to be good in this league. He reminds me of Covington.

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I have seen him playing. He is pretty good. He still young and somehow raw but is an excellent  athlete with potential to be good in this league. He reminds me of Covington.

Nah. He can't jump, shoot, or defend. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah. He can't jump, shoot, or defend. 

I think you got the guy confused.

He  can pass, defend extremely well and can scores 

BTW, you just described Simmons. 

4 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think you got the guy confused.

He  can pass, defend extremely well and can scores 

BTW, you just described Simmons. 

He's averaging more turnovers than assists and only 11.7 ppg in the g-league. 

He's pretty bad dude I don't know what to tell you

I think the best thing we can all do at this point is to trust that the Magic brass will make the best deal possible at the deadline to improve the team. In the meantime there will be plenty of rumors and other scenarios out there floating around. But in reality it is the deal that is ultimately made or not made that counts.                                                                                                            Some of us seem to want Vooch gone and want to play more up tempo with a point guard that is suited to do that here. Others want to keep him and prefer that he remain the main go to guy. Some of us want Fournier out of here. Or Vooch and Fournier gone.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Six years of losing and frustration will make us impatient. With that being said, what if Voch is traded and a decent point guard is brought in here ?  More than halfway through the season the players will have to adjust to a new style of play. And what if Nic goes on to become even better than he is now while Bamba and Isaac struggle ? Or they could blossom very quickly.        Will be interesting to see how this all works out down the road.