Odin

Trade Thread

There is a long article on theringer.com about a hypothetical proposed trade involving CJ McCollum for Gordon. They honestly believe such a trade would benefit both teams. It says that CJ could be the man in Orlando and put up big numbers.

On 12/18/2018 at 9:25 AM, fan for too long 2 said:

We let him go for peanuts last year. And yes he did all that with a crappy coach. 

He sucked with Phoenix and now he's having a pretty crappy season in New Orleans. 

I think there's a pattern forming here. 

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Why would you think "Orlando magic wave" is a reputable source?

Not to be rude, but you don’t have any inside info, so how do you know what is real and fake?

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He sucked with Phoenix and now he's having a pretty crappy season in New Orleans. 

I think there's a pattern forming here. 

Yes EP was not the answer either. He played well in stretches, but is very inconsistent.

1 minute ago, MagicOne said:

There is a long article on theringer.com about a hypothetical proposed trade involving CJ McCollum for Gordon. They honestly believe such a trade would benefit both teams. It says that CJ could be the man in Orlando and put up big numbers.

It would make both teams worse. McCollum benefits a ton from the presence of Lillard and I think his numbers go down somewhat here when he's the only talented guard. Gordon would make Portland worse because they have a good identity as a dual guard flurry scoring team. Their problems are solvable by making small moves. Not by destroying their identity. 

1 minute ago, KRISH10 said:

Not to be rude, but you don’t have any inside info, so how do you know what is real and fake?

A lot of the rumors out there are just that until proven otherwise. 

Just now, MagicOne said:

A lot of the rumors out there are just that until proven otherwise. 

I get that, but with us all waiting for some news on the teams plans and the trade deadline I would want to know any rumors that’s out there.

It would make both teams worse. McCollum benefits a ton from the presence of Lillard and I think his numbers go down somewhat here when he's the only talented guard. Gordon would make Portland worse because they have a good identity as a dual guard flurry scoring team. Their problems are solvable by making small moves. Not by destroying their identity. 

From a Magic point of view I wouldn't do this deal.. Plus McCollum isn't very big.

1 minute ago, KRISH10 said:

I mean, first it's the internet and you should never believe anyone. That's pretty much rule number one. Everyone lies constantly. 

Second, if someone won't put their name out there then they're not reliable. 

That's just some schmo who wants Instagram followers. 

Everyone who earns a living by doing this has said "everyone asks the magic about Ross but they have no interest in moving him and try to shop Simmons instead" and "while we believe that Gordon was signed to his deal to be traded eventually, the magic have no interest in including him in deals right now"

2 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

I get that, but with us all waiting for some news on the teams plans and the trade deadline I would want to know any rumors that’s out there.

Credible rumors only. It gets annoying. 

Jareth, other posters on here back in the day, and I used to create fake rumors to trick certain local news people in to reporting them all the time. There's literally a wojbot Twitter account that's entirely made to trick gullible people. 

If it's not from a reliable reporter or someone who can get a reliable person to vouch for them don't believe it. It's fake. 

Credible rumors only. It gets annoying. 

Jareth, other posters on here back in the day, and I used to create fake rumors to trick certain local news people in to reporting them all the time. There's literally a wojbot Twitter account that's entirely made to trick gullible people. 

If it's not from a reliable reporter or someone who can get a reliable person to vouch for them don't believe it. It's fake. 

So there actually is such a thing as fake news ? Lol.