Odin

Trade Thread

29 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

https://airalamo.com/2018/12/16/orchestrating-san-antonio-spurs-trade-nikola-vucevic/amp/3/

i know this is 4 weeks old but does make sense. 

Bryn Forbes, Gasol and Spurs first and their raptor first for Vooch and Simmons. 

Gasol can help develop Bamba and will be good piece to keep around if possible. Forbe  will be a good young player that will fortify our bench. 

I don't want picks in the 20s in this draft. That trade does nothing for me

We have a lot of youth, adding multiple picks this year isnt great. 

Getting picks in the future will allow us flexibility to bring in pieces when the core is ready to compete.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't want picks in the 20s in this draft. That trade does nothing for me

I dont want to keep them. That is extra money in our cap we dont need. Those are valuable to trade away on another deal for either Fultz or DSJ. They are just assests we can later use. 

Or trade those two picks to move up in the draft. 

Options are endless. 

13 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

We have a lot of youth, adding multiple picks this year isnt great. 

Getting picks in the future will allow us flexibility to bring in pieces when the core is ready to compete.

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We already have Cleveland’s 2nd rounder this year, which is arguably a better pick than late 20s pick anyway

I just shared something that was documented and talked about in The San Antonio media.  I dint maked this up. Bit the reality is that this is where we are with Vooch. Not sure what else you guys are expecting in return.  If two late first round and a decent young talent back is not good enough not sure what is. I mean, we can just let him go for nothing. 

I will love the Brown and Rozier option but not aure if that is even a vaible one. 

He is not getting us a top 10 pick and will not get us a star talent back. 

12 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I just shared something that was documented and talked about in The San Antonio media.  I dint maked this up. Bit the reality is that this is where we are with Vooch. Not sure what else you guys are expecting in return.  If two late first round and a decent young talent back is not good enough not sure what is. I mean, we can just let him go for nothing. 

I will love the Brown and Rozier option but not aure if that is even a vaible one. 

He is not getting us a top 10 pick and will not get us a star talent back. 

If that’s the return for Vuc, I don’t think we deal him. It wouldn’t surprise me if the article you quoted is right about the Spurs being interested in bringing back J-Simms though.

2 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

What else are you expecting for Vooch? If the choice is lose him for nothing or pick, i'll take pick. 

I'd rather have nothing than add guaranteed salary in this draft when we already have the 31st pick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If that’s the return for Vuc, I don’t think we deal him. It wouldn’t surprise me if the article you quoted is right about the Spurs being interested in bringing back J-Simms though.

Here is a small trade with the Kings. No picks involved, it's a try-out for them for Vuch. We get another Pg i think they can spare. Doesn't really move the needle for us, maybe we can get a pick from them.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya6tcoks

The whole point is a younger center that might work better moving forward and 2 point guards next year. This is so we don't appear desperate in free agency or if we get lucky in the draft and move up to the top.

Here is one more trade for those of us addicted to tanking and wanna blow it all up.

It's the ringer trade between Portland and Orlando. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y74hxlc4

We give up on Gordon, slight chance of this happening since he wasn't drafted by our current front office.

Lose a-lot of games the rest of this year.

We get a young PF and SF along with Cj Mcollum. We get to see Cj for 2 years, maybe he is a 25+ PPG scorer if he is not on same team as Lilliard.

Get lucky in Draft finally. 2 years from now one of Isaac,Bamba, Zion/Barrett/Morant/Reddish becomes a star.

Have tons of cap space 2 years from now.Free agents see 25 point scorer in prime, Zion, Issac, Bamba. 

Profit?