Odin

Trade Thread

55 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Best part about getting DSJ is having a bench with DJ and Ross both in it. Right now, if Ross’ shot isn’t falling, our bench can’t score

Imagining how significant of a change we'd see in bench scoring if DJ was in the second unit with Ross is nice. 

Thing to remember is we are 7 games under .500 and have been  healthy.If we lose AG for a week or two it's time to make a trade.

Another way to put this, we have 9 games before the trade deadline. If the Magic go 3 and 6, it's time to trade and make sure we keep the pick.

If we go 6 and 3 lets make small trades for this season. The losing will hurt, not only the fans but the players too. 

I wanted to get rid of the pick, get a controlled pg and make a run. If our trades involve Ross and Vuch, it's time for tank mode again.

We need a scoring wing and a point guard. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Thing to remember is we are 7 games under .500 and have been  healthy.If we lose AG for a week or two it's time to make a trade.

Another way to put this, we have 9 games before the trade deadline. If the Magic go 3 and 6, it's time to trade and make sure we keep the pick.

If we go 6 and 3 lets make small trades for this season. The losing will hurt, not only the fans but the players too. 

I wanted to get rid of the pick, get a controlled pg and make a run. If our trades involve Ross and Vuch, it's time for tank mode again.

We need a scoring wing and a point guard. 

I am coming to the realization that we will not make the playoffs again this year.  It was a fun run but, with the upcoming schedule,  3-5 (lost tonight) is the most realistic scenario.  That would put us 10 games under .500 with 28 games to go.  Time to move on from Vuc (7 years and no sniff at the playoffs) and, if we are fortunate, Fournier (another 7 year player and no sniff at the playoffs) to Dallas as part of a DSJ trade.  I like Ross but if there is any thought that Ross may not resign then I would trade him too.  (cannot afford to let players walk with nothing in return).  I have seen a lot of progress with our young players and players only improve by playing.  Losses will mount but experience will be gained.  I am ready for a new young nucleus (and yes your last sentence addresses our needs..only add they better be good shooters) to bring success to the Magic.

I don't understand what are we making a run at?  Still tied for the 7th worst record in th NBA.  Let's not fall in love with fake progress.  Am I wrong for believing the ulimate goal is to win a championship?  How soon do we forget what it felt like in 95 and 2009?  And the build up to that point.  We have been blessed to have on our team some of the greatest and at the time dominant players in the NBA.  (Shaq, Penny, T-Mac, Dwight).   My point is you look at the last 30 plus years of NBA history every team except for the 04 Pistons had the best or a collection of best players in the league.  Let's be honsest with where we are at right now.

5 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I don't understand what are we making a run at?  Still tied for the 7th worst record in th NBA.  Let's not fall in love with fake progress.  Am I wrong for believing the ulimate goal is to win a championship?  How soon do we forget what it felt like in 95 and 2009?  And the build up to that point.  We have been blessed to have on our team some of the greatest and at the time dominant players in the NBA.  (Shaq, Penny, T-Mac, Dwight).   My point is you look at the last 30 plus years of NBA history every team except for the 04 Pistons had the best or a collection of best players in the league.  Let's be honsest with where we are at right now.

We also had an aggressive front office that had a plan.

5 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

tied with Memphis for the worst 6th record. Washington is ahead of us. 4 games away for the 8th seed and 4 games away for the 5th worst record in the league. 

25 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

We also had an aggressive front office that had a plan.

I am not seeing what you are seeing. This is year 2 and not trades. No major or significant signings either.  Ottis and Hennigan were certainly aggressive GM's. This one is not. 

If we finish this season and we dont do any trades, this will be the least aggressive ownership we have ever had..  In fact, I dont think they were involved in any major moves when they were in Milwaukee. Maybe Someone can help looking into this. 

I still have faith in them tho. I can certainly tell you that this has been the most patient and cautious front office we have ever had. They are in the best position to make a trade or two and that could easely change if we see something happening in the next few days. We do have the pieces to make it happen. Vooch, Fournier, Simmons, Grant and Martin are all tradeable pieces. We will have to wait and see how aggressive those trades will be. 

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am not seeing what you are seeing. This is year 2 and not trades. No major or significant signings either.  Ottis and Hennigan were certainly aggressive GM's. This one is not. 

If we finish this season and we dont do any trades, this will be the least aggressive ownership we have ever had..  In fact, I dont think they were involved in any major moves when they were in Milwaukee. Maybe Someone can help looking into this. 

I still have faith in them tho. I can certainly tell you that this has been the most patient and cautious front office we have ever had. They are in the best position to make a trade or two and that could easely change if we see something happening in the next few days. We do have the pieces to make it happen. Vooch, Fournier, Simmons, Grant and Martin are all tradeable pieces. We will have to wait and see how aggressive those trades will be. 

We HAD...Referring to previous FO’s.

This one? Not a fan. 

https://airalamo.com/2018/12/16/orchestrating-san-antonio-spurs-trade-nikola-vucevic/amp/3/

i know this is 4 weeks old but does make sense. 

Bryn Forbes, Gasol and Spurs first and their raptor first for Vooch and Simmons. 

Gasol can help develop Bamba and will be good piece to keep around if possible. Forbe  will be a good young player that will fortify our bench. 

15 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

https://airalamo.com/2018/12/16/orchestrating-san-antonio-spurs-trade-nikola-vucevic/amp/3/

i know this is 4 weeks old but does make sense. 

Bryn Forbes, Gasol and Spurs first and their raptor first for Vooch and Simmons. 

Gasol can help develop Bamba and will be good piece to keep around if possible. Forbe  will be a good young player that will fortify our bench. 

Nah. We need young players with upside, picks, or talent pending on direction.