Odin

Trade Thread

32 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Tired of waiting, so posting a fantasy trade for fun. I just remembered DSJ is from N. Carolina, so here is a huge trade that offers a break from this mess.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd9xlc64

Reasons for all 3 teams.

Charlotte drops out of playoff race, realizes Kemba is gonna leave. Total Rebuild. Lots of young pieces plus some pics.

Mavs want to chase a big free agent, realize free agents love to play with a few veterans. Can still chase with more then 40 million coming  off books. 

Here is the key part for Mavs, if you look at free agency Vuch is the best free agent center by far. They can sign one or two free agents then resign Vuch.

Ok now for the Magic, this all depends on 3 things. Kemba loves Clifford, wants to live in Orlando and somehow we know this behind the scene.

We realize that Gordon is our star and he is not a small forward. From reading other parts of this forum many believe Vuch and Fournier are a big reason why Gordon has not developed. I do not love Harrison Barnes, but we haven't had a real SF in awhile. Kemba and Barnes help unlock Gordon's potential.

And  the last thing is i do not believe in spending  too much money on centers. I'm fine rolling with some cheap centers and resigning Ross for a few years.

In my scenario we keep Isaac, i just don't know what he actually is.With a more complete roster we can keep him on the bench until we figure it out.

Of all these players he might turn into the best one. Maybe he becomes the ultimate Small ball, combo forward.

This post is just for fun, not a troll.

And you just traded our two centers? We resolved our PG position for just half a season and now lacking a center. 

22 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

No I agree. They hold onto him at all cost. I think they keep hoping that Bridges and Monk will be enough to convince him to stay. 

I think him making an All-NBA team and being super max eligible will convince him to stay

20 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

And you just traded our two centers? We resolved our PG position for just half a season and now lacking a center. 

You're forgetting Birch, Mozgov, and the trade bringing in Willy Hernangomez; not to mention Isaac/Gordon may be able to slide over in small-ball scenarios. And it is only a pie-in-the-sky, just for fun post anyway. 

18 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

It's because i think we chose the wrong guy. However you can remake this fantasy trade and we keep Bamba. Charlotte still has Zeller, Willy and Biyombo(lol remember him?).

The NBA’s 2019 trade deadline is now less than three weeks away, and a number of the trade candidates whose names are popping up the most have something in common, as Keith Smith of Yahoo Sports tweets: They’re all on expiring contracts.

Smith identifies Dewayne Dedmon (Hawks), Jeremy Lin (Hawks), Jonathon Simmons (Magic), Wayne Ellington (Heat), Robin Lopez (Bulls), Enes Kanter(Knicks), Noah Vonleh (Knicks), and David Nwaba (Cavaliers) as those players cited most frequently in trade chatter. Of those eight players, Simmons is the only one under contract for next season, and his 2019/20 salary of $5.7MM is partially guaranteed for just $1MM. In other words, his deal can be viewed as a de facto expiring contract too.

Here are a few more notes and rumors on the NBA’s trade market:

• The Hawks appear willing to take on 2019/20 salary in trade discussions, according to Smith (Twitter link). A willingness to eat a bad contract in exchange for a more favorable asset could make Atlanta a team to watch in the coming weeks, since most teams around the NBA want to preserve their cap space for 2019.
  • Smith names the Sixers, Nets, Magic, Kings, Rockets, Pelicans, and Clippers as the teams that appear to be most active in trying to upgrade their rosters (Twitter link). Besides gauging the trade market, these clubs are also keeping an eye on potential buyout candidates, Smith notes.
  • The Wizards have shown “little appetite” for any trade that involves moving Otto Porter for a return heavy on future assets and cap flexibility, sources tell ESPN’s Zach Lowe. That stance aligns with comments on Thursday made by owner Ted Leonsis, who stressed that Washington continues to push for a playoff spot and has no plans to tank.

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Sounds like both parties are on the same page, nothing to see over there

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

"Hey I know you don't want to be here but uuuhhh Mark told me to reach out to you and see how you were. So yea if you want to come back we are here waiting for you. Although I'm coaching the guys who want to be here. But I want you back too even though nothing likely to change even if you do."

"So yeah we really like Dennis and hopefully he comes back and stuff"

**glances at someone off camera**

"Oh yeah and he's like good at basketball, got better, can't really dunk the thing. Probably should've been drafted before our pick"

**looks off camera again**

"And uh like I was saying we love his talent, guy cares about his family, stand up person..."

**Mark Cuban knocks several journalists out of the way, pushes Carlisle**

"DENNIS SMITH JUNIOR IS THE SECOND BEST PG IN THE LEAGUE ALRIGHT? RIGHT BEHIND LUKA. AND WE WON'T ACCEPT A PENNY LESS --"

**Camera feed cuts out**

• Upvote 1