Odin

Trade Thread

1 minute ago, KRISH10 said:

We have had great odds before to get into the top 3 over the last couple of years and so far we have not been very lucky. Obviously it could happen but I would rather trade for him now than regret it next year, unless you truly believe Rozier is a better option and we can get him in the off season.

Past unluckiness has no impact on the odds. They remain the same. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Past unluckiness has no impact on the odds. They remain the same. 

Yep which is why I said Obviously it could happen but I would rather trade for him now than regret it next year

2 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

We have had great odds before to get into the top 3 over the last couple of years and so far we have not been very lucky.

That has no bearing on what happens in the future.

2 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

Obviously it could happen but I would rather trade for him now than regret it next year, unless you truly believe Rozier is a better option and we can get him in the off season.

I don't think Rozier is better.  But even if he is marginally worse we should go down that avenue rather than waste an asset as you're proposing. 

If we offered Dallas our unprotected first for DSJ right this second, the deal would be done.  Generally a trade is bad for us if the opposing team would take it instantaneously without asking any questions.  Ask yourself if you think Dennis Smith Jr. is worth the #1 pick.  Once you've come to the reality that he isn't, you'll see that trading a pick that could become that, EVEN IF UNLIKELY, would be a hysterically misguided and disastrous thing to do.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Ask yourself if you think Dennis Smith Jr. is worth the #1 pick.  Once you've come to the reality that he isn't, you'll see that trading a pick that could become that, EVEN IF UNLIKELY, would be a hysterically misguided and disastrous thing to do.

All I know is that all of our players look a thousand times better when DJ is having a great game ala Lakers game earlier this season. I would be willing to trade 1 chance at a top 3 pick this year to get a young permanent starter at the PG position.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

Deal being likely dead

There’s no reason to believe that especially considering there’s reports that we haven’t even made a formal offer yet. The longer this goes on the better chance we have of making a great deal for ourselves 

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Deal being likely dead

Most of the time it's just organizations trying to get better leverage