Odin

Trade Thread

6 minutes ago, magicblue said:

So since the waiting sucks, what is the percentage chance of us landing DSJ at the moment? is 50% chance overly optimistic?

Probably. I think we are tied for the best odds to get him, but there are other possibilities out there too.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, magicblue said:

So since the waiting sucks, what is the percentage chance of us landing DSJ at the moment? is 50% chance overly optimistic?

I think we're the favorites but I'd take "the field" over us

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I DSJ for Bamba straight up a bad idea? I mean DSJ was also a top pick and Birch has been doing good at backup

I just dont think is necessary. It doesnt seem that Dallas is interested in Bamba either. They had Noel a few years ago and let him go. Who is to say that Bamba will not end like another Noel?

12 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I DSJ for Bamba straight up a bad idea? I mean DSJ was also a top pick and Birch has been doing good at backup

It's bad from a leverage standpoint. 

Also kind of bad from a team construction standpoint

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

For some reason they're interested in obtaining long term guys now vs gambling in free agency

Makes some sense. And I personally don’t think Fournier is as bad as most people think he is around here. A new team and system could be the refresh he needs. He’s a clutch player too. I could see him playing off Luka well. 

Ringer hypothesis is that McCollum's playmaking is way down (4.3 apg in 15/16 -> 3.6 -> 3.3 -> 2.6 this year) and they arent staggering him and Lillard enough this year, so a trade might recover some of that.

For Portland, they arent winning a title and have a very expensive roster so this would save them money and keep them competitive.

4 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

It sure seems like DSJr is coming to Orlando based on all the smoke. Who will be The sacrificial lamb?; I’m thinking Bamba. 

Hope the smoke is correct and that it does not end there.  Get our PG for the future in DSJ with Fournier as the center piece and see what we can get for Vuc (Boston) and maybe even Ross (Pelicans).  I do not want to see them walk away this summer and we get nothing in return when they have value now.  

If we are able to consummate a deal for DSJ, I would think our focus this summer would turn to re-signing Ross as we really wouldn't need to be throwing money at a young PG. I don't know where Vuc fits into our plans moving forward as a team built around DSJ, Ross, Isaac, Gordon and Bamba would presumably want to play at increased pace, so I could still see something happening with Vuc before the deadline.

• Upvote 1

I hear you about Fournier, but like it or not he is a big part of our offense and we are still in the hunt. I predict it’s Bamba, Grant and maybe Simms we get DSJr and matthews May have to give pick. I’m not sure these numbers work, but I’m looking at who hasn’t been playing and the fact that Bamba is super raw and can only play 1 position the league is about flexibility now. It’s fun to speculate, but I’m just an arm chair spectator. I would be surprised if Fournier is traded, but if they hold out, I’d do it.