Odin

Trade Thread

46 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

You think just like me. It's time to get something done. Need to remind you guys of something. Since we drafted Dipo we have been the third worst team in the league by record, yet we have not picked higher then 4th. Not having decent pg play has stunted the growth of all of our young players. It's time to address this situation, paying someone like Lin or Rubio this summer while all the better options go somewhere else sounds terrible to me. I would rather resign one of Ross or Vuch and start looking for the small forward we have also been missing for years.

You can't look at things like that. Just because you flipped "tails" on your first coin flip doesn't mean you will keep flipping tails. It doesn't mean you will flip heads. It has no future bearing on your flip percentages. 

If we barely miss out on the playoffs there's a good chance we fall to 9th in the lottery which gives us a non-trivial chance of getting Zion or Barrett. Real difference makers going forward. You risk any pick after that but you don't risk top 2 unless you're trading for a legitimate star. 

I like DSJ a lot. I don't like DSJ that much to risk a 10% chance of landing Zion or Barrett. 

Zion or Barrett next draft - Ball or Fultz 2 drafts ago. Drafted rookies are unknowns no matter how good they play in college and how much media hype there is around them. I want a PG that we KNOW can play at the NBA level and help our team develop, not wait to develop a rookie PG and hope he's not the next EP.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Zion or Barrett next draft - Ball or Fultz 2 drafts ago. Drafted rookies are unknowns no matter how good they play in college and how much media hype there is around them. I want a PG that we KNOW can play at the NBA level and help our team develop, not wait to develop a rookie PG and hope he's not the next EP.

Zion is a once in a generation type of player and i would argue Barrett maybe too

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would bet 2 to 1 that we won't get either of them and if we trade our pick they won't either.

The point is that there’s still a chance for it to happen regardless of how slim, millions play the lotto and the odds for that are far worse. 

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Perfect point. How about the Oladipo draft? We actually got it right but now we know 14 teams were wrong, including our team and Cleveland in a most spectacular fashion. Even last year,  right now i would rather have 3 other centers from that draft, instead of Bamba. What are the chances the last draft had four all-star centers?

The draft is a crap shoot. What player was the most surefire first round pick since Lebron? Anthony Davis, right? What has he done? Leading the league in every conceivable metric this year on possibly a non playoff team. 

It's all about building a team, a functional starting 5 with a few players off the bench. Yes, superstars are still king but the draft is fickle.

12 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Zion is a once in a generation type of player and i would argue Barrett maybe too

Barrett will average 20 a night in his sleep beginning opening night. He’s the best pure offensive talent I’ve seen in years and reminds me of T-Mac. He’s that good. I would take him a head of Zion because I’m 100% sure he translates. I think by year 2 or 3 he’s averaging close to 30. 

At least we don’t have to worry about debating between either because we won’t have a shot anyways. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Barrett will average 20 a night in his sleep beginning opening night. He’s the best pure offensive talent I’ve seen in years and reminds me of T-Mac. He’s that good. I would take him a head of Zion because I’m 100% sure he translates. I think by year 2 or 3 he’s averaging close to 30. 

I don't know about averaging close to 30 but I'm with you; I'd also take Barrett before Zion. ZERO doubt. 

36 minutes ago, King Close said:

The point is that there’s still a chance for it to happen regardless of how slim, millions play the lotto and the odds for that are far worse. 

But how many of those people would take $100,000 to not play? We are not talking about all or nothing here, we are talking about getting a very good player versus a very small  chance of getting a great player.

31 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would bet 2 to 1 that we won't get either of them and if we trade our pick they won't either.

Of course you would. There's a 90% chance you'd win. But it'd be really really dumb to risk the off chance we risk an elite player for a guy with dsj's profile

17 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

But how many of those people would take $100,000 to not play? We are not talking about all or nothing here, we are talking about getting a very good player versus a very small  chance of getting a great player.

That's not a valid analogy. Because it's not 100,000 to not play. It's 100,000 now or 90,000 in 6 months with a 10% chance to win 250,000,000