Odin

Trade Thread

4 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Really hope it’s not Bamba. That would be another Oladipo situation...sending him back to where he played college ball to become an star 

This could be postering, these executives are slick. 

5 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

This could be postering, these executives are slick. 

Really good article on the situation. Says names like fournier make more sense than bamba for the mavs. I’m also confident we aren’t goving up Gordon or Isaac

45 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

This brings me to another point. If I remember correctly scouts kind of questioned DSJ’s attitude in college right? Now less than 2 years into his NBA career he’s essentially refusing to play? That’s alarming. I’m critical of both AG & JI but they are At the very least good teammates. Not saying I don’t want DSJ I’d be really excited but it’s not a great look for a player that young pulling a stunt like this. It’s actually kind of pathetic really. Luka did a number on him 

That's reasonable. 

He's got that attitude that you need in a number one scoring option but it works to his disadvantage when things don't go his way.

I get it though. You think you're the next great point guard. You work all summer to fix your weaknesses. You come out of the gate averaging 17 and 4 on 45/36/71 shooting and start to work off ball some to incorporate the rookie. Then you start to lose shots. You start to lose minutes. You're put into a role that you've never played before. And everything that makes you valuable (improvising offense. Iso scoring) you aren't allowed to do anymore. You want more responsibility in the offense. Your coach is famously difficult to work with. You notice the rookie second round pick is getting significantly more praise because he doesn't question the coach and plays to his role. But you're so much better than him. You hear rumors about how they're constantly looking to get rid of you. They don't want you anymore. Fine, ***** those guys I'll play for someone who wants me. 

1 minute ago, Natesroom said:

we said this about marcus smart, his issues in college and we didnt draft him, and he's actually not a bad option

I think Marcus Smart is exactly what everyone thought he'd be. Super streaky on offense. Not really a starting point guard. Super valuable in a bench role. Good but not someone you pick at 4. 

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

This brings me to another point. If I remember correctly scouts kind of questioned DSJ’s attitude in college right? Now less than 2 years into his NBA career he’s essentially refusing to play? That’s alarming. I’m critical of both AG & JI but they are At the very least good teammates. Not saying I don’t want DSJ I’d be really excited but it’s not a great look for a player that young pulling a stunt like this. It’s actually kind of pathetic really. Luka did a number on him 

That was part of the point I was making yesterday. Carlisle could be hard on players, but his track as head coach is quite unquestionable. So, for me that's definitely a concern on the player.

Also, it's not like Doncic didn't even played with PG's that needs the ball when he was in Europe. It's actually true the opposite.

He played with S.Rodriguez, Campazzo and Llull  in Real Madrid, and are all players that controls the tempo and decisions a lot. He played with Dragic on Slovenia national team too. And he was that good in a secondary playmaker role. So, it's not like he needs to has the full control of the basketball to be great, it's not a Harden kind of player, and he could absolutely co-exist with another PG.

I believe it's mostly DSJ fault not being able, not even trying to make it work, and giving up so early.

That said, if we can use this situation to our advantage, and trade for him at a fair price (my limit is 2019 1st protected, no Bamba/Isaac/Gordon) I'll surely take the risk. We've seen a lot of situation in the past in which players in different situations thrives.

Also, I was interested too in the Dinwiddie situation. His new contract is great, I believe he's the kind of player that can help us, when he will be available for trade? (if possible after that kind of december extension)

Hey Guys, Do we not have any posters on here that have any inside information? I know back in the day we used to with the Otis regime.

I think it more has to do with the contract, the Mavs probably do like Evan but they don't want to give up nothing more than DSJ

2 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I think it more has to do with the contract, the Mavs probably do like Evan but they don't want to give up nothing more than DSJ

Everything I've seen is that the Mavs also desperately want to get rid of Matthews contract. So I would imagine that those are bundled together. I'm not sure I've seen a trade proposal with just DSJ.