Odin

Trade Thread

1 minute ago, Tank Vogel said:

Same boat. Wanted DSJ over Isaac but wouldnt swap them now. That was also when we still had hope for Hezonja. 

I mean in a vacuum I think I'd take DSJ over Isaac. 

But we're not in a vacuum. We have other options available that wouldn't cost us Isaac and no imperative to make a deal for a point guard before July. 

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

What if Dallas has an offer for Jordan from another team and just wants Vuch from us?

This is entirely possible, i know they have been massively disappointed with Deandre. Perhaps they covet Vuch and his bird rights so they can sign him after they go free agent shopping next summer. 

This is the exact type of trade you'd hope to use Vooch's expiring for.  A young player with lots of upside.  If he's what they want, deal would be done already I feel.

5 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

What if Dallas has an offer for Jordan from another team and just wants Vuch from us?

This is entirely possible, i know they have been massively disappointed with Deandre. Perhaps they covet Vuch and his bird rights so they can sign him after they go free agent shopping next summer. 

It's possible but unlikely if we have expressed interest in DSJ and Mavs are hearing offers. If Dallas is shopping Jordan I think they would be offering him to teams that need a big man. Unless you're referring to an offer with Jordan and DSJ from another team.

I might be the only person but I’d trade JI for DSJ. Maybe I’m missing something. Good news is Mavs fans don’t seem to have any interest in JI anyways. Kind of funny magic fans don’t want DSJ for JI and Mavs fans don’t want JI for DSJ. 

Obviously I’d rather some garbage deal around the OKC pick and Simmons 

15 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah i'm feeling it's not a big return for them, but it does help them with the point guard situation for this year and next. 

I can't see anything from our side that does not include our pick, except someone from B.I.G.

Yea it definitely helps them, completely agree. 

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I might be the only person but I’d trade JI for DSJ. Maybe I’m missing something. Good news is Mavs fans don’t seem to have any interest in JI anyways. Kind of funny magic fans don’t want DSJ for JI and Mavs fans don’t want JI for DSJ. 

If we have picked DSJ instead of JI last year, will you consider trading DSJ for JI at this point?

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

That's because you're looking at the deal strictly from a dsj vs Isaac perspective and not (+DSJ; -Isaac) vs (every other reasonably available point guard over the next 6 months while keeping Isaac)

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's because you're looking at the deal strictly from a dsj vs Isaac perspective and not (+DSJ; -Isaac) vs (every other reasonably available point guard over the next 6 months while keeping Isaac)

When you put it like that, i would agree, if we had a crystal ball. Which point guard will we get and how much money? 

I definitely do not want a pg in the draft, unless its to back-up to somebody we just signed. This is exactly how we got into trouble 6 years ago.

Here is the link to the 2019 free agents

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

We can't have a rookie leading this team and even one more year of Augustin is not enough. 

17 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

smith has done more than isaac since they both were drafted. but also isaac's ceiling is higher. 

At this point, isaac seems to be fit for a contending team in need of a stronger defensive rotational guy with 15 mpg, while smith needs to be given much more minutes than what he is having and the freedom to shoot, which he would have here.

If isaac is the cost, then I would not do it. 

Just now, hootie249 said:

When you put it like that, i would agree, if we had a crystal ball. Which point guard will we get and how much money? 

I definitely do not want a pg in the draft, unless its to back-up to somebody we just signed. This is exactly how we got into trouble 6 years ago.

Here is the link to the 2019 free agents

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

We can't have a rookie leading this team and even one more year of Augustin is not enough. 

The entire reason we have our current point guard situation is because there's more point guard available this summer than spots for those point guards and management knows that. So while the odds of us signing any specific point guard are pretty low. The odds of us signing kemba or bledsoe or Rozier or Russell or Rubio or brogdon or Teague et al is almost a certainty. 

Yea if you put it that way, even me not being a huge JI fan—id rather keep him and sign Russell this summer. 

It seemed that Ham & Welt truly did like DSJ on draftnight they just liked JI more. If they feel he’s better than a D-Russ or Rozier (yuck don’t wanna put Rozier in the same breath as Russ) then they should get DSJ now. It’s a major need for us and not very often a player that young and highly drafted becomes available so soon. 

Just don’t trade an unprotected first for him. My only request. Top 10 protected sure.