Odin

Trade Thread

We should try to trade Fournier and his bad contract. For the right trade I would also include the OKC-Pick. 

Fournier + Grant + OKC-Pick for Rubio and Sefelosha (or Fournier + OKC-Pick for Tyreke Evans)

After the trade Ross is our starting SG. So we could see how good he is in that role and if we should resign him. Also we could see if Rubio fits (or if Evans still can play PG) We would also be in the playoff race with that roster.

After this season i would try to build our team like this:

PG: If we don‘t want to resign Rubio after this season we should overpay on Russell (frontloaded contract that starts near 25 M.). Keep Augustin as 2nd PG

SG: If we don‘t want to resign Ross, we should try to get Brogdon (15 M. per year?). A backcourt of Russell and Brogton would be realy good. Let Simmons walk and and try to get a rookie SG. Keep in mind that Russell and Iwandu could also play some minutes at SG.

SF: stay with Isaac. Bring in a cheap veteran (maybe Chandler Parson). Keep Iwandu as a backup

PF: stay with Gordon. Bring in a cheap veteran (Mbah a Moute or Wilson Chandler or Aminu)

C: This depends on Bamba if he already can be our starting C. I can‘t see Vuc stays in Orlando (he will get better offers). So we need a backup C who maybe could start at the beginning of the season. He also should be cheap because we already spent our money the backcourt. What about Gortat? He wants to be back in Orlando and he can still get us some solide minutes on the court. We should also keep Birch as our 3rd C.

13 hours ago, ML6 said:

I've never been a huge fan of D'Angelo and I need to do more research but...

They're 13-3 in the last 16 he's played.  Nets fans are raving about him.  Michael Scotto wrote a piece on The Athletic about him.  There might be something there.

They finally have a player who someone else will offer a poison pill contract. Somebody will offer too  much for him. Same for Brogdon in Milwaukee.

These two guys are the most interesting RFA guards this off season. Both will draw large offers from lottery teams with cap space. You should watch Brogdon, he is an incredibly important piece on that team right now, they have to match any offer. D'angelo is another issue, he is playing extremely well and has the pedigree. The Nets are built to survive without him so matching a huge offer is difficult. However good teams sign assets, and if they really don't need them trade them after signing. (Thunder with our Boi, Oladipo did that.)

In short all the posts involving these guys, you are on the right track. Our front office needed to try to get these guys last year. The value is so high i'm afraid other teams can outbid us with money, or trade.

Edit. Just to be clear, Milwaukee is leading the league right now, in record and point differential. Brogdon is at worst,  the 3rd most important player on that team. They will pay him, whatever it takes because he is only 26. Same with Middleton. This leaves the door open for Bledsoe, so there is always something to hope for.

I would trade almost anybody on the team for D'angelo. Mostly because he still has a chance to be a star and this is how you take chances. Now is the time. I don't think we have the cap space to offer the highest bid this off season.

I just checked the standings, the Nets will probably make the playoffs this year. Highly unlikely they trade a player doing so well. Also, half the team is expiring contracts. They can afford to resign anyone on the team plus overpay one free agent.

I give up, we are stuck with Mozgov and Fournier's contracts and they are  at an absolute low in value right now. Mozgov has another year so no trading as expiring.And Fournier  has his worst P.E.R. in the last three years. I know he has  had a couple good weeks, but you saw the one point effort the other night.

The real value of trading Ross and Vuch would be to teams with marginal players with more then one year left on contract. We don't need that right now.

So don't expect something to happen in 3 weeks. If it did at best we would be getting back crap like Reggie Jackson or Evan Turner.

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I just checked the standings, the Nets will probably make the playoffs this year. Highly unlikely they trade a player doing so well. Also, half the team is expiring contracts. They can afford to resign anyone on the team plus overpay one free agent.

I give up, we are stuck with Mozgov and Fournier's contracts and they are  at an absolute low in value right now. Mozgov has another year so no trading as expiring.And Fournier  has his worst P.E.R. in the last three years. I know he has  had a couple good weeks, but you saw the one point effort the other night.

The real value of trading Ross and Vuch would be to teams with marginal players with more then one year left on contract. We don't need that right now.

So don't expect something to happen in 3 weeks. If it did at best we would be getting back crap like Reggie Jackson or Evan Turner.

I love the honesty. I still believe our best chance of a trade is with Boston.

5 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Reggie Jackson has been trash for a few years but he’s actually having a decent season and only has this year and next on his contract. I’d do Fournier for Jackson for sure

6 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Reggie Jackson has been trash for a few years but he’s actually having a decent season and only has this year and next on his contract. I’d do Fournier for Jackson for sure

If your gonna say this you have to give a hypothetical on why they do it too. I was trying to do the same thing with a New Jersey trade but gave up.

I wouldn't have done the Reggie trade two years ago but now, sure it's a no brainer. He has one less year on his contract then Fournier. 

Game wise I haven't watched them much, but i know that Detroit is the worst or second worst 3 point shooting team in the league.

He can't be doing that well, since they have an all-star caliber forward and center, and yet play worse then we do.Still i would do it because having either Reggie or Dj on the bench and somehow acquiring one more shooter probably helps us win much more then Detroit. 

Not sure what it does  for the Pistons.

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

If your gonna say this you have to give a hypothetical on why they do it too. I was trying to do the same thing with a New Jersey trade but gave up.

I wouldn't have done the Reggie trade two years ago but now, sure it's a no brainer. He has one less year on his contract then Fournier. 

Game wise I haven't watched them much, but i know that Detroit is the worst or second worst 3 point shooting team in the league.

He can't be doing that well, since they have an all-star caliber forward and center, and yet play worse then we do.Still i would do it because having either Reggie or Dj on the bench and somehow acquiring one more shooter probably helps us win much more then Detroit. 

Not sure what it does  for the Pistons.

They'd do it because they hate Reggie Jackson and have been trying to offload him for a couple years now