Odin

Trade Thread

14 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Said this on Twitter the other day but every so often I look at Wiggins stats from year 2 and 3 and see a player with top end scoring upside, not terrible shooting, and ability to get free throws regularly. He's tall and long for a shooting guard. He might be a really good buy low candidate that we can develop. 

Then I see the contract again. It completely wipes out your cap room through 2023. You have no alternative to him for 5 seasons. How could you ever take that risk?

I atill think he can make us better. He is still 23. Will be great to pair him with Gordon, Isaac and Bamba. 

I dont mind the salary as much as you guys since is a guy We will keep for the long run. And since Jones is attached in the deal there is no need to overpay on another PG. we did it once with Rashard who really help us get to next level. Wiggins might be really good playing in the East. 

jones, Wiggins, AG, Isaac and Bamba will be a great young core and starting lineup material to grow together for years to come. We need stability and this will help us achieve that.  I dont mind be commited for the next 5 years with those 5 guys. 

21 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I atill think he can make us better. He is still 23. Will be great to pair him with Gordon, Isaac and Bamba. 

I dont mind the salary as much as you guys since is a guy We will keep for the long run. And since Jones is attached in the deal there is no need to overpay on another PG. we did it once with Rashard who really help us get to next level. Wiggins might be really good playing in the East. 

jones, Wiggins, AG, Isaac and Bamba will be a great young core and starting lineup material to grow together for years to come. We need stability and this will help us achieve that.  I dont mind be commited for the next 5 years with those 5 guys. 

Wiggins is getting paid an absurd amount of money to be meh. Doesn’t seem to have much up stairs either. No thanks. Rather go after Monk if we want a Uber athletic guard.

12 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Wiggins is getting paid an absurd amount of money to be meh. Doesn’t seem to have much up stairs either. No thanks. Rather go after Monk if we want a Uber athletic guard.

I think the issue is that a lot of us have extremely high expectations on the free market. You well said that no high level free agent will come here unless we have a decent roster. Monk will not do that. 

Wiggins will neither but he is a enought decent talent to take us to the playoff year after year. That is all we want for the next 5 years. Be able to compete

5 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think the issue is that a lot of us have extremely high expectations on the free market. You well said that no high level free agent will come here unless we have a decent roster. Monk will not do that. 

Wiggins will neither but he is a enought decent talent to take us to the playoff year after year. That is all we want for the next 5 years. Be able to compete

What’s Wiggins done for Minnesota? 

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

No. See the problem is you have to anticipate a certain percentage of failure and have a plan B. Wiggins contract doesn't allow for that. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

No. See the problem is you have to anticipate a certain percentage of failure and have a plan B. Wiggins contract doesn't allow for that. 

Wiggins might be fun to have but that contract is absolutely cost prohibitive. He should be on a Fournier type contract.

• Downvote 1

Would you trade Fournier and Augustin for Rubio and Sefolosha? I would hate to lose Augustine but I think Rubio could be a nice player in Orlando. If he didn‘t match with BIG, we at least get some capspace. Maybe we could include Dallas in the trade. Then Rubio should go to Dallas and DSJ (with fillers) to us.

12 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

Would you trade Fournier and Augustin for Rubio and Sefolosha? I would hate to lose Augustine but I think Rubio could be a nice player in Orlando. If he didn‘t match with BIG, we at least get some capspace. Maybe we could include Dallas in the trade. Then Rubio should go to Dallas and DSJ (with fillers) to us.

Nah, trading DJ doesn’t solve our problems. We need to get another point guard while keeping DJ.

Bleachreport had us involved in a deal between Dallas and Wizards discussing a deal centralized in Beal and Howard for DSJ and matthew with Us as a 3rd party giving away Isaac and second rounder for DSJ and Dekker. 

Not sure I like it but is out there. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813275-realistic-trades-that-would-blow-up-2019-nba-free-agency#slide3