Odin

Trade Thread

Ok, this is just my opinion but I truly believe we need to take another step back to go forward. We need a PG and a SG. We need to trade Vooch, Ross and Evan for a young player at one of these positions then with top pick this year, draft for other position. Ex. Trade for smith, fultz, roxier then draft Reddish/Porter.  Then we 5 studs each position. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

But hypothetically let's say Russell doesn't work out and we don't want to sign him, we now have limited avenue to obtain a different starting point guard

I am not an expert on the cap situation. But let‘s say we let Russell go. Wouldn‘t we get his 7 mil. and the 12 mil. from Vuc? With that cap it should be possible to get an upgrade (to Augustin) at the PG and a backup C. If not, we have to wait 1 more season until Mozgov, Crabbe, Augustine and Harris contarts expire.

8 minutes ago, harley said:

Ok, this is just my opinion but I truly believe we need to take another step back to go forward. We need a PG and a SG. We need to trade Vooch, Ross and Evan for a young player at one of these positions then with top pick this year, draft for other position. Ex. Trade for smith, fultz, roxier then draft Reddish/Porter.  Then we 5 studs each position. 

None of Isaac, Gordon, or especially Bamba has looked especially studly except on rare occasion, unfortunately.  And drafting a rookie and hoping they’ll turn into a stud quickly is also a long shot.  

Just now, matthi32 said:

I am not an expert on the cap situation. But let‘s say we let Russell go. Wouldn‘t we get his 7 mil. and the 12 mil. from Vuc? With that cap it should be possible to get an upgrade (to Augustin) at the PG and a backup C. If not, we have to wait 1 more season until Mozgov, Crabbe, Augustine and Harris contarts expire.

No. The important thing to remember is vucevic's 12 million coming off the books doesn't necessarily mean we get 12 million in cap space. You have to put it in context with the rest of our salary. 

I was really inpress with Rozier last night. He seems capable to play both defense and offense. He might be the right guy to have.  

Ball is good but I think Rozier will be a better fit in our team. This is my preference now: (It wasnt like this a week ago and can change again next week). 

Rozier, Ball, Fultz, Russell, 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No. The important thing to remember is vucevic's 12 million coming off the books doesn't necessarily mean we get 12 million in cap space. You have to put it in context with the rest of our salary. 

Ok. Thanks for the information. So let‘s say if we don‘t make a trade our cap is 30 million (I have no idea what it realy is). With that money we should find a new PG, resign Vuc or find a new C, resign Ross or find a new SG/SF.

With „my“ trade we lost 1.5 mil. capspace (Crabbe to Fournier) and about 8 mil. for Harris (instead of Ross). But on the oder hand we don‘t have to resign ross (I think that would be more than the differenc of 9.5 mil) or find a replacement for under 9.5 mil.

So I still think even if we don‘t resign Russell this trade woudn‘t make us worse. And we also lost 1 year on the Fournier-Contract.

1 hour ago, harley said:

If we keep lying eggs, then I agree with you. This Suns game tonight will be very interesting and pivotal; they have been playing better, but are considered a lottery team. We are rested, have no major injuries and are at home (no excuses!!!). If we get blown out again then let’s blow this puppy up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

None of Isaac, Gordon, or especially Bamba has looked especially studly except on rare occasion, unfortunately.  And drafting a rookie and hoping they’ll turn into a stud quickly is also a long shot.  

Yea. I don’t remotely agree with the assumption that we just need a better PG and SG because we have “studs” at the other 3 positions. There is nothing concrete about those 3. I’m not convinced we have a guaranteed “stud” on our entire roster. 

I concur we do not have a clear cut stud! 

Bamba - what is he? Doesn’t have a post game to speak of and loves the perimeter. 

AG - yea he’s athletic, but there’s a lot of athletic players that are never more then role players. To me, he’s more show then substance for the money. I’m glad his contract is deesculating.

Issac- probably our best prospect, but not without his warts; no doubt he’ll be a great defender, but on offense he’s probably will be a 3rd to 4th option. 

19 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am down with Fournier and Simmons for ty jones and wiggins. Wiggins clearly needs a new home and Jones is a nice PG to have. 

Absolutely not to Wiggins. That’d set us back years. He’s not really good at anything and he’s getting paid a lot of money for a long time

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Absolutely not to Wiggins. That’d set us back years. He’s not really good at anything and he’s getting paid a lot of money for a long time

Said this on Twitter the other day but every so often I look at Wiggins stats from year 2 and 3 and see a player with top end scoring upside, not terrible shooting, and ability to get free throws regularly. He's tall and long for a shooting guard. He might be a really good buy low candidate that we can develop. 

Then I see the contract again. It completely wipes out your cap room through 2023. You have no alternative to him for 5 seasons. How could you ever take that risk?

• Upvote 1