Odin

Trade Thread

I think Dallas would consider a trade of Simmons and our 2019 pick for Smith and Harris. 

Or perhaps they would consider Augustin (vet pg) and our 2019 for Smith and Harris.

I don't think they give up a rotation player, and I also don't think they'd want Vooch.

Something that hasn't been mentioned but is the reality is that they might want Isaac or Bamba straight up for Smith.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Why would they want to move Powell or Matthews? Both are big parts to their rotation as they make a playoff push.

Matthews is 33 and expiring. He's got little long term value there. 

I wouldn't call Powell a big part of their rotation. He plays the fewest minutes in the rotation, is owed 10 million next season, and wouldn't have a place in the rotation if vucevic was involved in the deal. He's also 27 so it's not like he's still a developmental piece. Hustle bigs aren't worth much. 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I think Dallas would consider a trade of Simmons and our 2019 pick for Smith and Harris. 

Or perhaps they would consider Augustin (vet pg) and our 2019 for Smith and Harris.

I don't think they give up a rotation player, and I also don't think they'd want Vooch.

Something that hasn't been mentioned but is the reality that they might want Isaac or Bamba straight up for Smith.

I would hate to trade 2019 pick, way we’re looking we’re it’s prob gonna be a top 5 pick. I would do that trade with a top 7 protection? Gee would like smith though. Then again is he better prospect than morant and garland? We’re oilely to get one of these. Thoughts? 

31 minutes ago, harley said:

I would hate to trade 2019 pick, way we’re looking we’re it’s prob gonna be a top 5 pick. I would do that trade with a top 7 protection? Gee would like smith though. Then again is he better prospect than morant and garland? We’re oilely to get one of these. Thoughts? 

I’d put a top five protection on the pick

20 minutes ago, harley said:

The odds of us getting a top 5 pick are slim but you set up protections for that. 

We have 36 minutes of legitimate evaluation for Garland. He might not be good. 

Let's say we get the 5th pick and Morant is really good and he goes 4th. What then?

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Something that hasn't been mentioned but is the reality is that they might want Isaac or Bamba straight up for Smith.

Bump

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Bump

Then we don't make the trade because there's other avenues for us to improve the point guard position and keep Isaac and Bamba

• Upvote 1

Trade after January 15:

Fournier & Ross & Grant & OKC-Pick for Russell & Harris & Crabbe

This trade would save Brooklyn some cap for the offseason. 

With Harris we get a good replacement for Ross. Crabbe has a 2 year contract that expires in the same year as Mozgov an Augustin. That means we would have a lot of capespace in that year. Also we would see how Russell fit with BIG. Then we could decide if we want to keep him in Orlando or not after this season. For next season we just need another Center under contract. Maybe resign Vuc or go for a FA (Robin or Brook Lopez, Kyle O‘Quinn, Marcin Gortat, Enes Kanter, Richaun Holmes, Kosta Koufos...)

2019:

Russell/Augustin

Crabbe/Harris/Simmons

Isaac/Harris/Simmons

Gordon/Isaac/FA

Bamba/FA/Birch

I really like DSJ. My thoughts haven't changed since pre-draft. 

But there's an overwhelming likelihood that we can get one of these guys this summer: Rozier, Russell, bledsoe, Teague, or delon wright. 

And while I'm super optimistic that Smith is going to be pretty good and super pessimistic in Russell I'm not willing to bet an Isaac that the difference in their production 3 years from now is going to be that dramatic. 

6 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

Trade after January 15:

Fournier & Ross & Grant & OKC-Pick for Russell & Harris & Crabbe

This trade would save Brooklyn some cap for the offseason. 

With Harris we get a good replacement for Ross. Crabbe has a 2 year contract that expires in the same year as Mozgov an Augustin. That means we would have a lot of capespace in that year. Also we would see how Russell fit with BIG. Then we could decide if we want to keep him in Orlando or not after this season. For next season we just need another Center under contract. Maybe resign Vuc or go for a FA (Robin or Brook Lopez, Kyle O‘Quinn, Marcin Gortat, Enes Kanter, Richaun Holmes, Kosta Koufos...)

2019:

Russell/Augustin

Crabbe/Harris/Simmons

Isaac/Harris/Simmons

Gordon/Isaac/FA

Bamba/FA/Birch

Why wouldn't we just sign Russell this Summer?

And what makes Russell worth trading for to begin with?

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Why wouldn't we just sign Russell this Summer?

And what makes Russell worth trading for to begin with?

So we get the chance to see him the rest of the season and how he fits with our roster before we spent a lot of money on him. I also think the pieces we give away (specially Fournier and Grant) aren‘t useful for us. For Ross we get a good replacement in Harris on a fair contract. The OKC-Pick is the price we have to pay. Crabbe has a worse contract. But in our situation I prefer his contract (2 years) over the contract from Fournier (3 years).

2 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

So we get the chance to see him the rest of the season and how he fits with our roster before we spent a lot of money on him. I also think the pieces we give away (specially Fournier and Grant) aren‘t useful for us. For Ross we get a good replacement in Harris on a fair contract. The OKC-Pick is the price we have to pay. Crabbe has a worse contract. But in our situation I prefer his contract (2 years) over the contract from Fournier (3 years).

But hypothetically let's say Russell doesn't work out and we don't want to sign him, we now have limited avenue to obtain a different starting point guard