Odin

Trade Thread

7 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes I’m referring to EP. He shot 37% his last year for us. He CAN play solid defense. Has good vision. And he is 6’4. All u required. Hahaha 

Nope

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes I’m referring to EP. He shot 37% his last year for us. He CAN play solid defense. Has good vision. And he is 6’4. All u required. Hahaha 

Lol.

On 12/17/2018 at 9:08 PM, ?4thewin said:

I miss that guy. He blocked me after I posted how Simmons blew a game for us last year when he turned the ball over in the final minute leading to a uncontested layup for the other team. 

Said he was sick of my negativity. 

Me. Negative. 

Wow, I did not know that.  That is incredible blocking someone who tells the truth.  If he thought you were negative, what did he think of the Magic FO, coaching and overall performance for the last 6 years.  Negative would be kind and merciful.  lol.  Convicted with an opinion that you research and think out....yes you are.  A little blunt sometimes...yes you are.   Negative sometimes...yes you are.  Hilarious sometimes....yes you are.    You are better off without JayMagic who sounds like people Jack Nicholson  was referring to in the movie " A Few Good Men" when he said...... "You want the truth"...... "You can't handle the Truth"

Anyone think there’s a chance SA blows up their team and trades derozan? He’s a star I wouldn’t mind seeing on our team. We would probably have to take back one of their bad contracts too though. Put everything on the table picks included besides Bamba Isaac and Gordon?

Eh idk might scratch that idea actually. Definitely dont want to take on Aldridge which is what they would want us to do. And I really don’t want to see pau in a magic uniform

10 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Anyone think there’s a chance SA blows up their team and trades derozan? He’s a star I wouldn’t mind seeing on our team. We would probably have to take back one of their bad contracts too though. Put everything on the table picks included besides Bamba Isaac and Gordon?

I like DeRozan but I'm not sure I give up too much to get him. He'll be at 750 career games by the end of the season. So you're basically getting one full year before he starts his decline. 

So you can do that and use him as a bridge player while Isaac and Bamba continue to develop. But you trade for him expecting not to resign him after the 20-21 season. So his cost has to be relative to that truth. 

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I like DeRozan but I'm not sure I give up too much to get him. He'll be at 750 career games by the end of the season. So you're basically getting one full year before he starts his decline. 

So you can do that and use him as a bridge player while Isaac and Bamba continue to develop. But you trade for him expecting not to resign him after the 20-21 season. So his cost has to be relative to that truth. 

Yeah man I didn’t realize he was turning 30. I’d be fine with like Vuc, fournier and a 2020 first but they would get better offers elsewhere 

1 hour ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Yeah man I didn’t realize he was turning 30. I’d be fine with like Vuc, fournier and a 2020 first but they would get better offers elsewhere 

Proven loser...pass.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8jc24z2

Ok, this is my trade and it's a huge fantasy trade but makes a ton of sense on both sides.

Big picture, this trade relies on the Magic realizing the team made many mistakes and needs to shake things up to move forward.For the Celtics, this trade  provides what they need as well as erasing a contract they no longer need.

When Boston signed Hayward they really did need a veteran small forward, and he was a premier free agent. Smart move, he is an asset.The injury was unfortunate, and it paved the way for Tatum and Brown to shine. Tatum is the small forward of the future, and Brown's struggles means they might lock him up for cheap. They do not need Hayward right now, and his contract is a big negative. Aaron, Ross and Vuch are very good players for this system. They have experience, and fit the timeline of winning now.

On the Magic side, you have to believe we have seen the best of this bunch. Yes Gordon is signed for a few more years but at best he is a Shawn Marion on a good team.Vuch and Ross have been our best players this year, but they do not move the needle for us, we had enough time to see this. Getting Gordon Hayward, a veteran signed for a few years combined with a young point guard, power forward and rookie center gives us a chance to have a real team for once. We still get to have two PG,SG,C and finally a real SF to grow with moving forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8jc24z2

Ok, this is my trade and it's a huge fantasy trade but makes a ton of sense on both sides.

Big picture, this trade relies on the Magic realizing the team made many mistakes and needs to shake things up to move forward.For the Celtics, this trade  provides what they need as well as erasing a contract they no longer need.

When Boston signed Hayward they really did need a veteran small forward, and he was a premier free agent. Smart move, he is an asset.The injury was unfortunate, and it paved the way for Tatum and Brown to shine. Tatum is the small forward of the future, and Brown's struggles means they might lock him up for cheap. They do not need Hayward right now, and his contract is a big negative. Aaron, Ross and Vuch are very good players for this system. They have experience, and fit the timeline of winning now.

On the Magic side, you have to believe we have seen the best of this bunch. Yes Gordon is signed for a few more years but at best he is a Shawn Marion on a good team.Vuch and Ross have been our best players this year, but they do not move the needle for us, we had enough time to see this. Getting Gordon Hayward, a veteran signed for a few years combined with a young point guard, power forward and rookie center gives us a chance to have a real team for once. We still get to have two PG,SG,C and finally a real SF to grow with moving forward.

Man we are definitely giving up our 3 best players in this lol I definitely see where the Celtics would accept that. I would hope the 2 best of their picks this year included. We would definitely lose a lot and get back in the lotto if we did this (since we’d have to essentially rewrite our playbook mid season)

Rozier/Augustine

Fournier/Simmons

Hayward/Iwundu

Isaac/Martin

Bamba/Baynes

But I’m still not 100% sold on Rozier and I would want to see Hayward playing better than he is now. Sadly I think he lost some explosiveness with that injury. I’d have to really think about it if this included their 2 best 2019 picks but if not I definitely pass. I applaud the fresh idea though