Odin

Trade Thread

3 hours ago, J-Mac said:

So does Grant slide to the 2 if we give up ross

Grant will likely be included in any trade we do or be out of rotation.

We have simmons and Fournier covering the SG position if Ross leave. 

2 hours ago, Odin said:

Remember contracts need to be factored in too though. With Ball and Fultz, we have 2 more seasons after this where they are under contract, plus a basic "right of first refusal" with the player as part of free agency.

Ross, as much as we love him, as a UFA after this season and is not guaranteed to resign. Also, if we do resign him, it will be for more than Fultz or Ball's rookie contracts per year.

You are giving up Ross, a good player on an expiring contract for a player that could end up being a cornerstone of the team.

Before I ever traded Ross I'd have dialogue with him to gauge his interest in resigning on a team friendly contract. He's not an easy guy to replace and we do have lots of picks and other assets that can be traded.

34 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Before I ever traded Ross I'd have dialogue with him to gauge his interest in resigning on a team friendly contract. He's not an easy guy to replace and we do have lots of picks and other assets that can be traded.

Yeah, I agree with this. Explore the option of keeping him first (which I'm sure the team will do) because he has been an amazing leader for our young guys from what I've read. Plus the on-court production has thrived under the new coaching...so maybe he would be willing to commit. 

I'd love to acquire Ball without having to give up Ross. How about....

3 Team Trade: Magic get: Lonzo Ball/Justin Holiday ; Lakers get: Evan Fournier / Bulls 2020 1st round pick ; Bulls get: Brandon Ingram/Ivica Zubac

1 hour ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Yeah, I agree with this. Explore the option of keeping him first (which I'm sure the team will do) because he has been an amazing leader for our young guys from what I've read. Plus the on-court production has thrived under the new coaching...so maybe he would be willing to commit. 

3 Team Trade: Magic get: Lonzo Ball/Justin Holiday ; Lakers get: Evan Fournier / Bulls 2020 1st round pick ; Bulls get: Brandon Ingram/Ivica Zubac

ThAts not happening. Why for the lakers? They are not giving ingram and Lonzo fir Fournier. they didnt offer that to Minnesota or San Antonio for Butler or kawhi. Why they will do it for Fournier? 

1 hour ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

If we call and offer this Magic Johnson hangs up on us and blocks our number lol

7 hours ago, Odin said:

Remember contracts need to be factored in too though. With Ball and Fultz, we have 2 more seasons after this where they are under contract, plus a basic "right of first refusal" with the player as part of free agency.

Ross, as much as we love him, as a UFA after this season and is not guaranteed to resign. Also, if we do resign him, it will be for more than Fultz or Ball's rookie contracts per year.

You are giving up Ross, a good player on an expiring contract for a player that could end up being a cornerstone of the team.

Good points on the contract totals and that is the benefit of those two.  I just hope that if we trade Ross, an immediate contributor, for future assets (Fultz or Ball) then we trade Vuc (expiring contract) too because trading Ross will kill our playoff chances this year.  Might as well start the rebuild which I am OK with.  We are within striking range of lottery pick #6 so adding Fultz or Ball plus another good draft pick could be all we need.

My ideal trade period:

Out: Vuc, Fournier, Grant, Simmons, OKC Pick, A future protected 1st of ours

In: Ball, Fultz, Serviceable big man to help Bamba ease in (if we think Birch can fill the roll then no need).

I don't know how exactly all these deals would work, but if we could get this done it would be superb. I'd give Fultz some extra time out, cos from what I've read about is new diagnosis, the timeline they gave him was on the early side (probably to increase his trade value). Long term we could potentially have Fultz move into the starting 2 slot beside Ball (only if Fultz can get his shooting back to a good level), then we can continue to bring Ross off the bench (cos in my dream land scenario we also sign him to a team friendly deal).

I'm aware this won't happen, but we can dream can't we?

Ross and okc pick for Fultz 

vuc and a top 10 protected for Ball

Get in the top 10 and draft Kevin porter

sign Marcus Morris and Kyle O’Quinn in the offseason

Ball/Fultz

Porter/Fournier

Isaac/Iwundu 

AG/Morris

Bamba/O’Quinn 

Welcome back to being a yearly playoff team and being relevant enough for Christmas Day games!

If we get out of the playoff hunt...

vucevic, T-Ross and a first for Rozier and Brown. They probably wouldn’t do it as they want Anthony Davis assets. 

Meh that I yes them way over the cap. Even if you did put Grant in there instead of Ross. 

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

If we get out of the playoff hunt...

vucevic, T-Ross and a first for Rozier and Brown. They probably wouldn’t do it as they want Anthony Davis assets. 

Meh that I yes them way over the cap. Even if you did put Grant in there instead of Ross. 

You are not off with this trade.  Boston has been interested in Vuch for years and they are currently w/o a decent center as Horford is out with an injury. 

I am not sure if they are interested in giving Brown away but they can surely entertain the idea of trading Vuch for Rozier. The question is, do we want to do this now? I mean, we can wait unti the offseason and go after Rozier if we really want him. With the talks of Ball and Fultz available for trade, we can wait and see. Vuch has been playing well for us so it will not be a bad idea to ride with him until the trade deadline. If by then, we are not longer fighting for a playoff spot, then you pull the trigger on Vuch. 

I will be interested in getting Oubrey from the Bullets. I think with can get in as the 3rd team on that Suns and Bullets trade and offer Grant and Simmons to the Suns.