Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs nuggets

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Go check out The Lando’s tweet. Picture and all.

“CJ Washington is looking RIGHT at Jamal Murray stepping out of bounds on this play with 23 seconds remaining in over time.

The officials didn’t “have doubt” really??

This goes along with a 37-8 free throw disparity. Outrageous. @NBAOfficial

Loads of short video of fouls going against us here.. 7 8 videos of very very questionable, actually pretty blatant calls missed:

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's just crappy this game ended very similar to the magic jazz game from March 6th 2006 that donaghy rigged

Yes. This is what I’m saying. It’s the exact same sort of calls/no calls. An official not calling a player out of bounds when he staring right at him stepping out of bounds? Also, Donaghy specifically mentioned giving certain teams players T’s faster than others which is precisely what happened last night. Murray can go irate on the officials but if fournier opens his mouth it’s a T? What about the blatant milsap pushoff in OT? 

Those are plays that I just refuse to beleive 3 officially just honestly missed. They’re just to blatant. 

Yes, even with all that the magic had a chance to win but these are selerate issues. 

I mean in all likelihood it wasn't rigged. 

But if it was rigged, that's what rigged games look like. 

Denver -4.5 makes sense to bet on because we match up poorly with them. 

We kept things close due to outlier level shooting. Denver kept us in the game with poor free throw shooting. 

Every run had a foul keeping things within a few scores. 

Calls that favored Denver but no phantom calls, just calling it close on one end and letting things side on the other. 

Technical fouls used to give a point here and there. 

Calls at opportune times to let Denver cover. 

Again, it probably wasn't rigged and everything could easily be explained away. But we've had games that were rigged and that's what they look like. 

26 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Loads of short video of fouls going against us here.. 7 8 videos of very very questionable, actually pretty blatant calls missed:

How can one watch those (that Grant one omg) and look at the spread and even think otherwise?

1 hour ago, Odin said:

I don't think there is a grand conspiracy out there against the Magic or anything intentionally malignant.

However, I do think that the refs have ingrained biases. They have in their minds already that "this player fouls a lot" or "this player gets fouled a lot", and, whenever they see something that could be a foul, or is a 50/50 type situation, they call in favor of their bias. A great example are charge/ blocking fouls. Honestly, most of these are 50/50 situations. If a guy often gets called for charges, then it is more likely he will get called for a charge & etc.

What the NBA should do is score their ref crews after every game. They should have a team that reviews the tape of the game and spots every call, missed call, or incorrect call, and give the ref crew a score. The scores should be tied to ref pay and should be transparent. This could improve the reffing as well, as refs would know what errors they often make and have an incentive to improve their performances.

The refs have a union. I doubt they'd ever go for that. There should be some sort of semi transparent review system other than the stupid last 2 min review or whatever it is.