Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs nuggets

Reflecting more on the game, I love what I’m seeing from Clifford and the team. Gordon is becoming a two-way star, Isaac is also flashing two-way stardom, Ross is playing like a sniper, and Vooch is playing the best ball of his career. The Gordon and Isaac duo has the potential to be the next great tandem in the league. I’m becoming more convinced that we’re a point guard away from being a team nobody would want to face in the playoffs. In other words, Magic fans, we finally have basketball hope.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Reflecting more on the game, I love what I’m seeing from Clifford and the team. Gordon is becoming a two-way star, Isaac is also flashing two-way stardom, Ross is playing like a sniper, and Vooch is playing the best ball of his career. The Gordon and Isaac duo has the potential to be the next great tandem in the league. I’m becoming more convinced that we’re a point guard away from being a team nobody would want to face in the playoffs. 

Easy.  There is still no great player on this roster.  We are at least one superstar away from anyone to worry about us.  Let's not ignore NBA history.

5 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Just stop.  It's pathetic and sad.  There is no conspiracy against the Magic.  Yes there are superstar calls that happens.

Never said it was against the magic. It happens against smaller market teams so it won’t be discussed. If you don’t think point shaving goes on at all in professional sports you’re absolutely delusional. 

• Upvote 1

Go check out The Lando’s tweet. Picture and all.

“CJ Washington is looking RIGHT at Jamal Murray stepping out of bounds on this play with 23 seconds remaining in over time.

The officials didn’t “have doubt” really??

This goes along with a 37-8 free throw disparity. Outrageous. @NBAOfficial

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Never said it was against the magic. It happens against smaller market teams so it won’t be discussed. If you don’t think point shaving goes on at all in professional sports you’re absolutely delusional. 

Quit it and stop it.  You don't think the wise guys would be hip to this?  You are living in a fantasy world.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

22 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Easy.  There is still no great player on this roster.  We are at least one superstar away from anyone to worry about us.  Let's not ignore NBA history.

Our greatest hope of securing a star is not through attraction but development. Gordon, Isaac and even Bamba have that upside. I think Gordon is closer than we think. Now if we could only fix the point guard situation...

2 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Fixing regular season games is a tired narrative.  The Magic got beat by a better team tonight.  Period !

Wow, you're off to a fairly obnoxious start

DJ is playing really good but this game was a perfect example of why we need a point guard who can really breakdown defenses and cover the PNR.

29 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Quit it and stop it.  You don't think the wise guys would be hip to this?  You are living in a fantasy world.

Wise guys are hip to it. That’s why it happens. If you think Tim Donaghy is the only official to ever fix a game you are living in a fantasy world not me. 

Forget about the magic game lastnight. Let’s say that was perfectly normal bad officiating. There are officials in professional sports that try to dictate lines.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

DJ is playing really good but this game was a perfect example of why we need a point guard who can really breakdown defenses and cover the PNR.

Yeah or anyone for that matter. Even a Beal type of player would be such a big help.

I don't think there is a grand conspiracy out there against the Magic or anything intentionally malignant.

However, I do think that the refs have ingrained biases. They have in their minds already that "this player fouls a lot" or "this player gets fouled a lot", and, whenever they see something that could be a foul, or is a 50/50 type situation, they call in favor of their bias. A great example are charge/ blocking fouls. Honestly, most of these are 50/50 situations. If a guy often gets called for charges, then it is more likely he will get called for a charge & etc.

What the NBA should do is score their ref crews after every game. They should have a team that reviews the tape of the game and spots every call, missed call, or incorrect call, and give the ref crew a score. The scores should be tied to ref pay and should be transparent. This could improve the reffing as well, as refs would know what errors they often make and have an incentive to improve their performances.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Odin said:

I don't think there is a grand conspiracy out there against the Magic or anything intentionally malignant.

However, I do think that the refs have ingrained biases. They have in their minds already that "this player fouls a lot" or "this player gets fouled a lot", and, whenever they see something that could be a foul, or is a 50/50 type situation, they call in favor of their bias. A great example are charge/ blocking fouls. Honestly, most of these are 50/50 situations. If a guy often gets called for charges, then it is more likely he will get called for a charge & etc.

What the NBA should do is score their ref crews after every game. They should have a team that reviews the tape of the game and spots every call, missed call, or incorrect call, and give the ref crew a score. The scores should be tied to ref pay and should be transparent. This could improve the reffing as well, as refs would know what errors they often make and have an incentive to improve their performances.

No your right. It’s nothing personal against the Magic. It’s all about $$$.