Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs nuggets

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Spread was Denver -5, Denver wins by 6. Coincidence?

*goes to read Tim Donaghy’s book

Definitely something fishy going on tonight. Give the Magic a ton of credit for hanging in there despite playing 5 on 8 in a back to back situation.

2 minutes ago, ML6 said:

The free throw disparity itself isn’t that shocking to me. We spent most of the game shooting 3s. Probably could’ve gotten a few additional calls here and there but whatever, not necessarily egregious there.

But the missed out of bounds call and the thing where they potentially awarded FTs while not in the bonus — really, really bad. 

Dude had both feet out of bounds! And earlier they called a foul on Gordon after Milsap drilled him in the throat. Yes the Magic had trouble defending the pick and roll and that certainly contributed to the loss, but clearly the refs cost the Magic here tonight.

19 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Spread was Denver -5, Denver wins by 6. Coincidence?

*goes to read Tim Donaghy’s book

No. It's worse. Spread was 4.5 and they gave Murray 2 free throws down 3 with 20 seconds left. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No. It's worse. Spread was 4.5 and they gave Murray 2 free throws down 3 with 20 seconds left. 

As we are posting now envelopes of cash are being dished out left and right. It's things like this that drive NBA fans away.

My thought is the refs had the spread in mind the entire game. We hit 20 3s so they couldn’t hide covering the line as easily as they usually do. The NBA is legit corrupt and has been for years. It has nothing to do with team favoritism and everything to do with the spread.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

But, to say something that doesn’t have to do with the refs so I don’t get tuned out... that Gordon reverse putback dunk with a minute left was one of the best in-game plays I’ve ever seen.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Did the officiating stink? Sure. Are the Magic good at getting to the line? No. In fact, we are the worst in the league:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/free-throws-attempted-per-game

It was an overtime game and you know the free throw disparity and your saying this?  Are you a ref?  Work for the nba?  Or just delusional?

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Did the officiating stink? Sure. Are the Magic good at getting to the line? No. In fact, we are the worst in the league:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/free-throws-attempted-per-game

And our NBA low attempts is 18 free throws a game. We shot 8 in an overtime game... Also, Denver is 22nd in the NBA in free throw attempts according to this list shooting 22 a game. They shot 37 tonight.

• Upvote 1

So tired hearing about the ref excuse.  We have no star players who deserve the benefit of the whistle nor players who are high volume FT shooters.  Yes it seemed like we got screwed tonight but grow up this the NBA and how it works.  Our roster is what it is!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1