Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ heat

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's kind of an Augustin problem too. He's sixth in the league in assist turnover ratio because he doesn't make tough passes to get guys open. I watched every assist he's made and it's almost exclusively swing passes or passes to open guys on the perimeter

This is why we need to trade for lonzo and recreate lob city. 

6 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Lonzo can’t mesh with Lebron. You think he’ll mesh with our guys?

They both need the ball to be at their best. Games don’t mesh.

56 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I just came to post something similar re: the point guard position. In fairness to Mo, he’s playing with the most inept offensive point guard I’ve ever seen in a Magic uni in Grant. 

That being said, rookie or not, his effort level comes and goes in games. Sure the pace of the game is faster, and sure his competency level is raw. However, dude needs to give 100% when he’s in there. He did that same thing in college.

People always say (and I’m not directing this solely at you by any stretch”) “X player needs to just give 100”. If we’re talkig about a veteran player, sure—I agree. 

But when discussing rookies it’s not that simple. It’s hard to just blast a guy who doesn’t appear to always be going at 100% because they most likely aren’t processing the game at 100% yet.

When you ask a rookie to just run around like a mad-man at 100% you’re gonna get mixed results. They’re gonna be running around looking like a first year Dwayne Dedmon. Which can be great at times but for every good play there’s many bad fouls, bad positioning, bad shots, bad passes, dropped balls, etc. 

In Bamba’s case specifically, he looks like a player that just isn’t sure of exactly what he’s supposed to be doing at a given time on the court. When that’s the case and he’s having to overthink things in his mind constantly—you’re gonna see a guy that looks like he isn’t giving full effort but the reality is he’s not processing what or where he should be going or doing fast enough. 

This might sound like total BS but when I watch Bamba have bad moments it’s like you can actually see In his facial expressions he’s overthinking the game. I’m sure he’d like to just go full speed and not have to worry about making mistakes and getting out of position but he isn’t there yet. It takes game reps. It takes making mistakes. It takes getting yelled at. 

Maybe im in the minority but I don’t see a player whose lacking effort. I see a player whose learning how to process the game mentally. 

And even with that I think Bamba has been totally fine and met all of my expectations to this point. People are being way to critical of him 24 games into his career. There’s literally been people talking about his effort since the second game. It’s kind of rediculous to me. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Catalina Maria said:

Lonzo can't mesh with LeBron because LeBron has the ball too much. 

Lonzo's value is entirely created from passing and defense. If LeBron does the passing then what's the point of Lonzo?

13 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

From what I’ve heard from guys like Channing Frye Lebron is a very demanding player and can be hard to mesh with. He kinda pegs his teammates into a hole or specific role while he runs the show. Lonzo in college was the guy running the show and there’s no denying his passing skills. If you put him on our team and let him play his game I’d be willing to bet that Bamba Isaac and Gordon benefit majorly as well as the rest of the team.

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

People always say (and I’m not directing this solely at you by any stretch”) “X player needs to just give 100”. If we’re talkig about a veteran player, sure—I agree. 

But when discussing rookies it’s not that simple. It’s hard to just blast a guy who doesn’t appear to always be going at 100% because they most likely aren’t processing the game at 100% yet.

When you ask a rookie to just run around like a mad-man at 100% you’re gonna get mixed results. They’re gonna be running around looking like a first year Dwayne Dedmon. Which can be great at times but for every good play there’s many bad fouls, bad positioning, bad shots, bad passes, dropped balls, etc. 

In Bamba’s case specifically, he looks like a player that just isn’t sure of exactly what he’s supposed to be doing at a given time on the court. When that’s the case and he’s having to overthink things in his mind constantly—you’re gonna see a guy that looks like he isn’t giving full effort but the reality is he’s not processing what or where he should be going or doing fast enough. 

This might sound like total BS but when I watch Bamba have bad moments it’s like you can actually see In his facial expressions he’s overthinking the game. I’m sure he’d like to just go full speed and not have to worry about making mistakes and getting out of position but he isn’t there yet. It takes game reps. It takes making mistakes. It takes getting yelled at. 

Maybe im in the minority but I don’t see a player whose lacking effort. I see a player whose learning how to process the game mentally. 

And even with that I think Bamba has been totally fine and met all of my expectations to this point. People are being way to critical of him 24 games into his career. There’s literally been people talking about his effort since the second game. It’s kind of rediculous to me. 

We're seeing that with Mitchell Robinson. He's out there producing a lot of stuff but is having a guy foul out in 9 minutes teaching him how to be a starting center?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Awesome post man

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Ding ding!

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Great post!

5 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Great post. Time will tell whether it’s a learning curve situation or something more.