Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ blazers

26 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. We do periodically. 

I guess what I'm saying is we're going to lose 35-45 games total. We've lost 12 so far in the most difficult stretch of the season. We went 4-4 during a stretch where 7 of the 8 teams should be playoff teams. 

I thought we just had to weather these first 20 games and win enough to hold off the calls for tanking until we find refuge in the easy part of the schedule and we've exceeded those expectations significantly. 

So if we were 12-10 instead of 10-12 against that schedule and win 10 of the last 14 games that seems like an expectation redefining stretch where we should be a 4 or 5 seed. 

Because we have 60 games left in this season. 20 games left against Atlanta, Brooklyn, Chicago, Cleveland, Miami, New York, and Phoenix. 9 games left against Toronto, Milwaukee, Philly, the clippers, Golden State, and Portland. We should perform better going forward. 

I understand all of that, but I also understand where the concern is coming from. We have had multiple seasons now where we have started out looking improved only to collapse down the stretch. People are going to be cautious about our chances until we prove that we are able to keep the good performances going.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Odin said:

I understand all of that, but I also understand where the concern is coming from. We have had multiple seasons now where we have started out looking improved only to collapse down the stretch. People are going to be cautious about our chances until we prove that we are able to keep the good performances going.

Exactly. In the past, when we’ve crumbled, all the analysis about which teams we should expect to beat no longer held up, as we would start losing to everyone.  We all want to avoid that this time around.  

19 hours ago, Odin said:

IMO injuries have played a major part of that along with holding on to EP way too long.

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

IMO injuries have played a major part of that along with holding on to EP way too long.

It's been a variety of things. Last year was injury. Year before was forcing a style of play that didn't fit. Year before that was team meltdown. Year before that was youth and tanking. 

• Upvote 1

If the players mope around after close losses to good teams like everyone here does then we very well might implode into the abyss. 

Im kidding.

But I think some people need to relax a tad. If we lose tonight then you can panic a little bit. But even then the schedule lightens up we’ll be fine.