Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ blazers

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

God I hope we don’t collapse again. The only good I see is that we aren’t being blown out and the games are competitive, somewhat different from the previous collapses 

I think these are both excellent points.  We’re competing in every game which is terrific.  But in the past, we’ve eventually stopped competing after we hit some adversity.  The team is fragile, without a strong sense that they can win.  Clifford has done a great job trying to address that, but this coming game could be an important test.  Phoenix is a team we should beat.  Do we deliver, or do the last two losses get to us?

One scenario sees us heading back one game under .500 after a win and overall successful road trip.The other scenario has us at 3 games under .500, losing 4 out of 5, and reeling.  I think this coming game could actually be extremely important.  

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

God I hope we don’t collapse again. The only good I see is that we aren’t being blown out and the games are competitive, somewhat different from the previous collapses 

We gonna do this after every two game losing streak?

25 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I think these are both excellent points.  We’re competing in every game which is terrific.  But in the past, we’ve eventually stopped competing after we hit some adversity.  The team is fragile, without a strong sense that they can win.  Clifford has done a great job trying to address that, but this coming game could be an important test.  Phoenix is a team we should beat.  Do we deliver, or do the last two losses get to us?

One scenario sees us heading back one game under .500 after a win and overall successful road trip.The other scenario has us at 3 games under .500, losing 4 out of 5, and reeling.  I think this coming game could actually be extremely important.  

Every game against sub par competition is important. If we're going to be the team that plays hard and minimizes mistakes we have to feast against Phoenix, Atlanta, Cleveland, and Chicago. 

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We gonna do this after every two game losing streak?

It just hurts to lose all of these games in the last few moments. At least when you are being blown out all of the time, you just grow numb to everything.

And, to be fair, we need to beat a few teams that are better than us if we want to be a playoff team (which we have done so far, but it feels like we have been so close a couple of other times too).

4 minutes ago, Odin said:

It just hurts to lose all of these games in the last few moments. At least when you are being blown out all of the time, you just grow numb to everything.

And, to be fair, we need to beat a few teams that are better than us if we want to be a playoff team (which we have done so far, but it feels like we have been so close a couple of other times too).

You mean like Boston and the LeBrons type teams?

12 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

You mean like Boston and the LeBrons type teams?

Yes, and Philly and Spurs. That is 4 teams that I think most would say at least should be better than us.

6 minutes ago, Odin said:

Yeah. We do periodically. 

I guess what I'm saying is we're going to lose 35-45 games total. We've lost 12 so far in the most difficult stretch of the season. We went 4-4 during a stretch where 7 of the 8 teams should be playoff teams. 

I thought we just had to weather these first 20 games and win enough to hold off the calls for tanking until we find refuge in the easy part of the schedule and we've exceeded those expectations significantly. 

So if we were 12-10 instead of 10-12 against that schedule and win 10 of the last 14 games that seems like an expectation redefining stretch where we should be a 4 or 5 seed. 

Because we have 60 games left in this season. 20 games left against Atlanta, Brooklyn, Chicago, Cleveland, Miami, New York, and Phoenix. 9 games left against Toronto, Milwaukee, Philly, the clippers, Golden State, and Portland. We should perform better going forward. 

• Upvote 1