Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Philly

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's because Gordon is perfectly built to stop him so we always see his sub par games

Yep. He’s not overrated. Just AG owns him.

When I watch him play other teams he gets triple doubles in his sleep. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yep. He’s not overrated. Just AG owns him.

When I watch him play other teams he gets triple doubles in his sleep. 

AG has had him on lock.  He is a very good player. But perhaps just a bit overhyped.

35 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

His efficiency is outta control. Idk if it’s coaching or the work he put in or both—but he’s playing great. 

It's coaching and player personnel. His talent has always been there but we've never had the guys that could get him easier looks.

So, a few things I have been thinking about:

Only 2 players had bad games, Fournier and Bamba.

Best game by Iwundu in his young career. If he can do that more often, he will be in the league for a while.

Simmons really needed that game.

Isaac was huge during that run.

Ross is a boss.

Vuch is legit beginning to demand serious respect. Not only offensively, but he was a big part of the reason Embiid went ice cold in the second half.

Gordon just does so many nice things on the court now. How many of his passes ended with the receiving player getting fouled? Also, some legit defense. Loved that block where he just ripped the ball away from the other guy.

As much as I've absolutely despised vuc in the past I gotta give it to him he has been BALLIN with cliff as our coach. We should definitely consider bringing him back on a short team friendly deal while Bamba develops his game. Its also nice that he loves Orlando as much as we do

29 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

It's coaching and player personnel. His talent has always been there but we've never had the guys that could get him easier looks.

And his effort is always a factor. He usually starts the season strong. I’m more interested in how he’s performing come late January.

• Upvote 1

What a win!

Had to go out with about 8 mins left in the last, think we just pulled it back to a 5 point game after a 12-0 run. Couldn't wait to get back home to watch the rest but thought there is no way we'd pull it out, thought that we had our run and they'd push it back out to a 10 point game, how wrong I was!

JI block was inspiring and Ross down the stretch was clutch, absolutely fantastic. Evan nearly single handidly lost it for us after all the hard work we did but we managed to still walk away with a possible season defining win. Well done Magic!

30 minutes ago, Odin said:

So, a few things I have been thinking about:

Only 2 players had bad games, Fournier and Bamba.

Best game by Iwundu in his young career. If he can do that more often, he will be in the league for a while.

Simmons really needed that game.

Isaac was huge during that run.

Ross is a boss.

Vuch is legit beginning to demand serious respect. Not only offensively, but he was a big part of the reason Embiid went ice cold in the second half.

Gordon just does so many nice things on the court now. How many of his passes ended with the receiving player getting fouled? Also, some legit defense. Loved that block where he just ripped the ball away from the other guy.

It's amazing what happens when guys start playing like an actual team..... There's shots to go around for everyone. Not to mention it picks up the intensity on the other end of the floor.

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2018 at 9:41 PM, SameStoryDifferentYear said:

No sense even watching the next two games folks. The Magic have no chance to win either of those games. NONE. Butler and then LeBron will carve up the Magic defense like a Thanksgiving turkey. Add to this that the Magic are horrible at home and you can see why they have no chance folks. NONE. 

Wrong.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:46 PM, SameStoryDifferentYear said:

Dude I can't help it that I am always right with my predictions. I am never wrong. NEVER. And I have an over all 83 percent rate  of correct predictions to back that up. 

Wrong again.  

• Upvote 1

Woke up from being asleep when it was 5 mins left in the 3rd so glad i did haha what a win.

We played as team and won as a team.

Isaac block on Embiid was OUTRAGEOUS and just kind of summed up the effort from everyone tonight.

Thought Evan chucked it away for us at the end but we made more progress and came through.

Vooch as it stands is an all star. T Ross 6th man of the year candidate. AG is turning into a 2 way complete player. Lovely to see Wes progress too.

J Simms got better needs to continue. Props to coach too. I like Clifford a lot,

Now turn to Saturday vs Lebron and co then Sunday vs the Knicks. 2 Wins please guys.

32 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

And his effort is always a factor. He usually starts the season strong. I’m more interested in how he’s performing come late January.

I think this is a key point.  When he plays with this intensity, he’s a great asset.  The problem in the past has been that he doesn’t keep it up.  A few losses and he stops playing defense for the rest of the season.  

Clifford seems to be having a real impact on these guys, though.  Maybe this season will be different.  What a fantastic win tonight.  I practically fell off the treadmill cheering for Issacs block and the 3 pointer that followed.