Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ Knicks

23 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Can we pay Zach Lowe to write more bad articles about the Magic?

Everything he said about the Magic in his last article was pretty true though. I mean, I don't think we have the worst PG situation (we just played the Knicks, who don't have much going on there either), but the team is definitely and obviously being held back by the current PG rotation.

Teams I think are probably in the running for worst PG rotation:

Magic

Knicks

Suns

Bulls

Spurs

Other teams with weak PG situations:

Clippers

Pistons

Pacers

Pelicans

Mavs (Though I guess Doncic is basically their PG?)

7 minutes ago, Odin said:

Everything he said about the Magic in his last article was pretty true though. I mean, I don't think we have the worst PG situation (we just played the Knicks, who don't have much going on there either), but the team is definitely and obviously being held back by the current PG rotation.

Magic

Knicks

Suns

Bulls

Spurs

Clippers

Pistons

Pacers

Pelicans

Dennis Smith is having a pretty good year. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Dennis Smith is having a pretty good year. 

And JJ Barea is solid. Maybe too harsh with them. I think the rest are fair.

Which makes me wonder why we are the team that gets so much crap about our PG situation when there other teams with similarly bad to as close to as bad PG situations. Grant is obviously not great, but lineups with him in them trend positive, with his top 4 lineups by minutes all positive.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/grantje02/lineups/2019

13 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

Actually 3. Thank god for small favors.

Oh yeah you're right I got it backwards. I thought NBA scheduling was every team in the west twice, every team in the East 3 times except for your division who you play 4 times. 

But it's every team in the west twice. Every team in the East 4 times except a handful of opponents you play 3 times. This year we play Boston, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Cleveland 3 times

25 minutes ago, Odin said:

And JJ Barea is solid. Maybe too harsh with them. I think the rest are fair.

Which makes me wonder why we are the team that gets so much crap about our PG situation when there other teams with similarly bad to as close to as bad PG situations. Grant is obviously not great, but lineups with him in them trend positive, with his top 4 lineups by minutes all positive.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/grantje02/lineups/2019

Because other teams on that list have guys who are young and can improve or point guards who are overall bad but can be productive like Schroder. We all know Schroder isn't good. He's super inefficient. But he's averaging 17ppg which makes it look like he's productive. 

We have guys who on their best days are just fine. Last night they were great but they still only produced a cumulative 18 points and 10 assists in 43 minutes. They're going to be what they've been this season forever. 

So, we deserve the scorn. But, yeah, our pg situation isn't as dire as they make it seem. At least for this past week with them averaging 55% three point shooting and 9.8 assists per game. 

It's helping us bide our time so we don't have to make a panic trade. 

1 hour ago, Odin said:

Magic

Knicks

Suns

Bulls

Spurs

Clippers

Pistons

Pacers

Pelicans

I have seen the spurs and their pg is underrated. he is not a pure scorer but an effective playmaker and distributor. 

11 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Best sight was vuc double block in the 3rd quarter.

It was one of those night where every shot seem to go in. Good thing this was for us. forunier, ross, vuc and even grant were scoring at will.

Nice to see a game like this for a change.

We’ve seen a bunch of games like this, but we’re usually on the receiving end. 

8 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

I have seen the spurs and their pg is underrated. he is not a pure scorer but an effective playmaker and distributor. 

This couldn't be further from the truth.