Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Pistons

7 hours ago, SameStoryDifferentYear said:

Lol. I admire your optimism!

We have a lot of games vs really bad teams left on the schedule and our bench doesn't do this every game. It's not really optimism. 

Our team should win 40ish games. It's the "oh the starters aren't playing hard this week" and "oh the bench is underperforming tonight" or "random good player is going to forget how to play basketball this half" that drops us down to 30. 

There's still going to be enough games where this doesn't happen. 

Clifford can ***** at the bench all he wants, but they aren’t inserting themselves in the lineup. This rotation is on him. Bamba was extremely bad and lazy last night. Play Birch. Simmons and grant were horrible. Play iwundu and briscoe 

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Clifford can ***** at the bench all he wants, but they aren’t inserting themselves in the lineup. This rotation is on him. Bamba was extremely bad and lazy last night. Play Birch. Simmons and grant were horrible. Play iwundu and briscoe 

Bamba wasn't lazy. He was out of position. Those are separate things. 

We need to stop creating malicious characteristics with players for no reason. The other day Fournier had an attitude problem because he was facing the wrong direction after he made a game winner. Today Bamba is lazy because he was a few steps behind on several plays.

It's getting kind of ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Mo made several non effort plays last night. And if you didn’t see that you are blind. 

I think what you saw as effort is better explained by being out of position. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Bamba wasn't lazy. He was out of position. Those are separate things. 

We need to stop creating malicious characteristics with players for no reason. The other day Fournier had an attitude problem because he was facing the wrong direction after he made a game winner. Today Bamba is lazy because he was a few steps behind on several plays.

It's getting kind of ridiculous. 

Couldn’t agree more. I haven’t seen a play yet where I thought Bamba was lazy. I have however seen numerous plays where Bamba was out of position or late to slide. Not the same thing. 

The fournier turned the wrong way to celebrate attitude issue was funny. I actually laughed when I heard that even brought up. Players turn to the fans after game winners literally all the time. All the time. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Mo made several non effort plays last night. And if you didn’t see that you are blind. 

I saw Mo a step late on about 5 different occasions. Bad positioning. Bad rotating. Not lazy. Lazy is not moving at all. 

I will say I thought lastnight was the first game where I 100% think Bamba looked like a rookie. He was caught out of position a lot. Was having issues holding on to the ball. Just had a look in his face like he was a little overwhelmed lastnight. Not surprising when you’re matched up against Drummond and ZaZa. Zaza isnt great but that guy can get in your head quickly. 

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I'm with you. I don't get this praise Clifford is getting for the post game presser. Do your job during the game. If a player did the same thing we would be killing him. Stop running your mouth and do your job!

17 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm actually pretty proud of vucevic and Gordon. They were on their way to bad games and both really came out with a strong second half. Defense never faltered. Vucevic did some good contesting. He's going to be limited some nights but he did everything I could ask of him. 

Gordon attacked the rim and didn't force shots. 

It's such a shame the bench played so terribly. This was a really solid performance from the other guys. Even iwundu was useful early. 

Gordon was pretty fantastic outside of his forced shots in the first half and a few bad turnovers. Made some great passes, played fantastic defense against just about everyone, etc.

I think he outplayed Griffin, though not by a huge margin.