Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Pistons

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Love it. Finally. So so overdue to have a coach that won’t give canned responses to the media after embarrassing losses. Players being held accountable. Imagine that. The bench cost us this game. Period. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Love it. Finally. So so overdue to have a coach that won’t give canned responses to the media after embarrassing losses. Players being held accountable. Imagine that. The bench cost us this game. Period. 

Yes it is great to finally have them being held accountable. But now the thing is how will they respond on Friday night ? To me this team just seems to melt down with any kind of adversity. It's like in a strange way they have embraced losing almost as a norm. And then can be a result of the atmosphere here for the last 5 or 6 years.

I'm actually pretty proud of vucevic and Gordon. They were on their way to bad games and both really came out with a strong second half. Defense never faltered. Vucevic did some good contesting. He's going to be limited some nights but he did everything I could ask of him. 

Gordon attacked the rim and didn't force shots. 

It's such a shame the bench played so terribly. This was a really solid performance from the other guys. Even iwundu was useful early. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

That was a weird game where we looked dominant and terrible

I think we were dominant. It was just awful coaching. Gotta take guys out who ain't doing their job. 

Does it seem that Simmons has a bit of an attitude ? At times he seems almost disinterested. His body language isn't all that great either. And with him sitting on the bench with Bamba that can't be a good thing. Not putting the blame on Simmons for tonight's disaster. Just making an observation. Also didn't Mo tend to be lazy at times in

2 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think we were dominant. It was just awful coaching. Gotta take guys out who ain't doing their job. 

Excellent point. This could be the post of the night folks. What a great comment. And just why didn't Clifford remove these players who were awful out there ? If they were as bad as he said they were in the post game presser then why not take them out to send a message and try his best to win the game ? Could it be the old tanking deal ? How else do you explain it ?

4 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

And put in who?

The starters have to sit at some point. I guess he could have just extended their minutes some on a night like this when the bench is obvious garbage. But nba coaches these days seem entirely set on their rotations and rarely stray from them. 

Wow the starters had a 121.9 offensive rating and a 69.7 defensive rating

The bench had a 45.5 offensive rating and a 128.6 defensive rating

Grant-Ross-Simmons-Gordon-Bamba was 125.0 and 125.0 lmao I love that lineup. 

Just now, SameStoryDifferentYear said:

Does it seem that Simmons has a bit of an attitude ? At times he seems almost disinterested. His body language isn't all that great either. And with him sitting on the bench with Bamba that can't be a good thing. Not putting the blame on Simmons for tonight's disaster. Just making an observation. Also didn't Mo tend to be lazy at times in

Excellent point. This could be the post of the night folks. What a great comment. And just why didn't Clifford remove these players who were awful out there ? If they were as bad as he said they were in the post game presser then why not take them out to send a message and try his best to win the game ? Could it be the old tanking deal ? How else do you explain it ?

I promise you they are not tanking this early in the year. 

4 minutes ago, SameStoryDifferentYear said:

Simmons is extremely active and interested. He's just playing badly. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I promise you they are not tanking this early in the year. 

You're probably right. Plus the bench coughed up two different leads in a real short amount of time at the end of the first and third qtrs. The damage was done too quickly. Clifford had to give the starters at least some amount of rest.