Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Cavs

36 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

We can't take much from this game as we actually had no business winning. 

I will say the last two games are games we lose last year. The ability to hold on or overcome adversity has escaped this team for years. The fact that we found a way to win both does say something.  

I think the lesson is we can play 3 quarters of great basketball but our lows are so low that we might not be able to overcome it. 

If you hypothetically grabbed our first half and fourth quarter performance and extrapolated it to 97 possessions we should have won something like 116 to 88. 

If you did the same with our third quarter we would have lost 49 to 129. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I think the lesson is we can play 3 quarters of great basketball but our lows are so low that we might not be able to overcome it. 

If you hypothetically grabbed our first half and fourth quarter performance and extrapolated it to 97 possessions we should have won something like 116 to 88. 

If you did the same with our third quarter we would have lost 49 to 129. 

That makes sense. So now it's all about doing a better job of breaking the length of the lows or improving the low in general. I think as long as we continue to play better more often than not the low improvement will come naturally. 

22 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

That makes sense. So now it's all about doing a better job of breaking the length of the lows or improving the low in general. I think as long as we continue to play better more often than not the low improvement will come naturally. 

You'd think so. A lot of it is on Fournier. You know he's going to improve back to his typical numbers at some point do that will solve a bunch of issues. 

But really we need to keep in mind that we're flawed enough to lose any game but also good enough to win any game

Which means a fun season of frustration as we impress then backslide then improve then regress. 

Glad we dug out that win yesterday.

I'm looking to see how we perform the next 2-3 games. Pistons and the Wizards who normally beat us. I'd look to see us beat both convincingly for once. That would be progress for sure.

Fournier is just a different type of person. At least it seems. Example: when he hit that game winner he did not look to his teammates, or the bench. He walked the opposite way and looked to the fans. And had no happiness. Wes had enough for the whole team. Lol. 

I think he wants to be the star too much and is pressing. But his loner persona is blocking him from be that team player and leader that this team needs. 

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Fournier is just a different type of person. At least it seems. Example: when he hit that game winner he did not look to his teammates, or the bench. He walked the opposite way and looked to the fans. And had no happiness. Wes had enough for the whole team. Lol. 

I think he wants to be the star too much and is pressing. But his loner persona is blocking him from be that team player and leader that this team needs. 

I understand what you mean like most players would have celebrated with their teammates.  I think it’s also some of Fournier knows he hasn’t been playing well and it shouldn’t have come down to that shot but he definitely is different it seems humble but also loner at the same time. 

I just think Evan thinks he is a star here as nobody else has been. He's almost been given the keys to be a number 1 guy here since we traded Oladipo. 

That mentality is good and bad ...and would definitely cause friction between him and AG...

Evan is a good 3rd 4th option on a contender..

He has talent... I think if he left and plays with a real number one guy hen can average 20ppg or there abouts on decent statistics also.

He's not crap...he's good..just not elite

• Like 1

In his post game interview he was pissed (as he should have been) that we squandered our lead. He did initially blame "them" but quickly corrected himself and said "myself included." I think we are drawing too much from the non celebration. 

11 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I just think Evan thinks he is a star here as nobody else has been. He's almost been given the keys to be a number 1 guy here since we traded Oladipo. 

That mentality is good and bad ...and would definitely cause friction between him and AG...

Evan is a good 3rd 4th option on a contender..

He has talent... I think if he left and plays with a real number one guy hen can average 20ppg or there abouts on decent statistics also. 

He's not crap...he's good..just not elite

Agreed. I wouldn't even want to squash his dreams right away because crazy things happen in sports, but what he has to understand is that stars, especially this era's stars, don't just get their own buckets or pass to only 1 other player. They make their teams better

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I've disliked Fournier since day one. Always having to convince myself that he's a pretty good player and we need him (because I don't like not liking any of our players).

I've well and truly had enough of him and his attitude, for anything positive he offers in a pure basketball sense I think it's completely negated by the negative culture he is heavily contributing to.