Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs clippers

Long time magic fan since ‘91, been reading this forum along with realgm for years. Finally decided to post after this disappointing loss. At some point the FO has to realize that the product that they keep trying to build, along with our last FO does not and will not work in an era where scoring is valued more over defense, and where the idea that great 1 on 1 defenders will give you a great defensive team. We have time and time again drafted players with great defensive attributes and crossing our fingers that they will learn how to shoot and still we manage to have year after year bad defensive teams after supposedly drafting great defensive players. While I like Bamba as a player, he shows no effort and suffers from Vucevic syndrome (letting small guards score on him without contesting or even acting like he’s gonna contest. Isaac has great potential but has some type of phobia where he can’t shoot the call even if he’s wide open. While I’m a big Gordon fan, guy still thinks he’s playing street ball in California or in the uncle drew movie and still doesn’t realize that his strengths do not include trying to do dribble a lot and fade away for a contested jumper off one foot. Vucevic is trash and I baffled how the FO doesn’t trade him already, a 50yr old Darrel Armstrong plays better than DJ and Fournier is basically Hezonja now. We are officially the new kings only we don’t know how to draft going talent that mesh well together. I really believe even the Flint Tropics would blow us out. This team has been pathetic to watch the last 7 yrs and get I’m still a fan and a masochist for continuing to pay to watch a failed product year after year. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not sure it makes sense first discussing Gordon's offense. We make him the primary option and hypothetically he plays a good game. Cool, what then? We lose by 13 instead of 25?

The flaws are deeper and more numerous than "vucevic shoots but Gordon doesn't". 

I think the offense as a whole improves with no Vuch. Maybe it doesn't improve in the sense of better but maybe it improves in the sense of resembling modern basketball and comfort for the other 8 guys that are on the floor. This allows us to have a real direction with our offense instead of some dinosauric scheme that leads to losses and the hindrance of every young guy we have. While we would love more wins I think we would all be happy with consistent improvement from the guys who actually matter.

5 minutes ago, Air00Gordon said:

Long time magic fan since ‘91, been reading this forum along with realgm for years. Finally decided to post after this disappointing loss. At some point the FO has to realize that the product that they keep trying to build, along with our last FO does not and will not work in an era where scoring is valued more over defense, and where the idea that great 1 on 1 defenders will give you a great defensive team. We have time and time again drafted players with great defensive attributes and crossing our fingers that they will learn how to shoot and still we manage to have year after year bad defensive teams after supposedly drafting great defensive players. While I like Bamba as a player, he shows no effort and suffers from Vucevic syndrome (letting small guards score on him without contesting or even acting like he’s gonna contest. Isaac has great potential but has some type of phobia where he can’t shoot the call even if he’s wide open. While I’m a big Gordon fan, guy still thinks he’s playing street ball in California or in the uncle drew movie and still doesn’t realize that his strengths do not include trying to do dribble a lot and fade away for a contested jumper off one foot. Vucevic is trash and I baffled how the FO doesn’t trade him already, a 50yr old Darrel Armstrong plays better than DJ and Fournier is basically Hezonja now. We are officially the new kings only we don’t know how to draft going talent that mesh well together. I really believe even the Flint Tropics would blow us out. This team has been pathetic to watch the last 7 yrs and get I’m still a fan and a masochist for continuing to pay to watch a failed product year after year. 

Had to give you a +1 on that one.... Good first post.

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think the offense as a whole improves with no Vuch. Maybe it doesn't improve in the sense of better but maybe it improves in the sense of resembling modern basketball and comfort for the other 8 guys that are on the floor. This allows us to have a real direction with our offense instead of some dinosauric scheme that leads to losses and the hindrance of every young guy we have. While we would love more wins I think we would all be happy with consistent improvement from the guys who actually matter.

That sounds great and all but we have one big problem.... Nobody on this team can shoot the damn ball.

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I agree. I think that because Vuc is our best offensive player, it suckers every coach to have to play our offense through him considering we have no one else. Problem with that is that we run a prehistoric offense in a uptempo modern era. I would rather see us be blown out every game watching our you guys develop and get better, that to watch us still get blown out running with the same players that have been here since the rebuild and have no future here.

4 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

That sounds great and all but we have one big problem.... Nobody on this team can shoot the damn ball.

I don't really care if they shoot well. I just want them to play hard

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I don't really care if they shoot well. I just want them to play hard

They probably need a little motivation. It's off topic, but not really.

2 minutes ago, Air00Gordon said:

I agree. I think that because Vuc is our best offensive player, it suckers every coach to have to play our offense through him considering we have no one else. Problem with that is that we run a prehistoric offense in a uptempo modern era. I would rather see us be blown out every game watching our you guys develop and get better, that to watch us still get blown out running with the same players that have been here since the rebuild and have no future here.

SMH...... We play the ball thru Vuc because our guards can't create shots for themselves or anyone else. We have such a flawed lineup it's not even funny. Our players aren't terrible, but the mix of players is toxic. Who ever built our lineup should be shot.

9 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

SMH...... We play the ball thru Vuc because our guards can't create shots for themselves or anyone else. We have such a flawed lineup it's not even funny. Our players aren't terrible, but the mix of players is toxic. Who ever built our lineup should be shot.

Right so why do we not have someone who can create offense yet? It makes absolutely no sense. Why pick the lesser of two evils instead of just fixing the damn problem? This front office better figure something out quickly. While they may believe evaluation years and incremental improvement years are the way to go the fans have spent years waiting on the same bull****. The writing is on the wall. Fix this ****!