Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

Gamethread: Kings at Magic

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

We may have the worst offense in the NBA

Giving up 59 in the first half isn’t what we expected from this team either.  They were supposed to rely on their elite defense but they’re giving up 60+ in the first half way too often.  

On the offense I think we were 11/43 from three.  

17 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

We should be beyond these moral victories. Great they played well. Now what? 

Moral victory?

I'm just happy the guy we just paid a bunch of money and our prized rookie played well. I would be less happy if they performed poorly. Because we would be worse off if they sucked

• Like 1

Losing to a mediocre team on a cross-country B2B while we are rested is pretty inexcusable.  How professional basketball players can miss that many wide open looks — no idea.

Even if we get acutely worse (we may not) by shipping out Vuc and Fournier, we need to do so for the culture change. Fournier especially just drops his head when things don’t go his way. 

20 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Giving up 59 in the first half isn’t what we expected from this team either.  They were supposed to rely on their elite defense but they’re giving up 60+ in the first half way too often.  

On the offense I think we were 11/43 from three.  

Seems like that is tied to Simmons. First half most of the starters had a defensive rating of 100. Simmons was at 125.9

I get the logic behind our point guard situation. There's a ton of guys available next year. Not a lot of guys available last summer. Last year Augustin was good enough. Poor defender. Bring in Grant to help with that. 

It didn't work. Can't survive getting 12 points from a position group where we were expecting 20. Need to make a move.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I get the logic behind our point guard situation. There's a ton of guys available next year. Not a lot of guys available last summer. Last year Augustin was good enough. Poor defender. Bring in Grant to help with that. 

It didn't work. Can't survive getting 12 points from a position group where we were expecting 20. Need to make a move.

I think with competent point guard play we’re probably 4-3 right now.