Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

Been reading a bunch and looking in to a ton of the prospects, and I think I’ve landed on wanting Romeo Langford to fall to us. 4thewin has also convinced me to be okay with Brandon Clarke, as we’ll need someone to come in that can start contributing right away when we let Vooch walk.

19 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Been reading a bunch and looking in to a ton of the prospects, and I think I’ve landed on wanting Romeo Langford to fall to us. 4thewin has also convinced me to be okay with Brandon Clarke, as we’ll need someone to come in that can start contributing right away when we let Vooch walk.

Sounds good. I would be ok with either. I don't really have a favorite right now. That could change, of course, as the day goes on and I learn more about those in our range. :-)

14 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Little, I dont see the Batum on him at all

Watch his high school tape before UNC developed him into a 4

Stanley Johnson was a super strong 3/4 who weighed in at 242 pounds at the combine

Little was at 224 but is continuing to cut weight in order to play at the 2. There's going to be close to a 30 pound gap between the two players playing weights

Additionally, Little's game is built on top level athleticism while Stanley is floor bound

They're not really comparable players

For the first time in years, I haven't really paid attention to the prospects and have no idea who we should take. I try not to get too invested because WeltHam always zig when I want them to zag in the draft.

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

So 4 and Hill for 11 and Covington seems possible

Which would make new Orleans a super defense

That would be insane. Fun to watch

3 hours ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

The New York Knicks held a private workout with Coby White just hours before the 2019 NBA Draft.

I wonder whether they’re seriously considering a trade with NO of #3 for #4 plus assets 

30 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

For the first time in years, I haven't really paid attention to the prospects and have no idea who we should take. I try not to get too invested because WeltHam always zig when I want them to zag in the draft.

Same for me but with what I do know Clarke seems to make a ton of sense. 

10 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I wonder whether they’re seriously considering a trade with NO of #3 for #4 plus assets 

Wouldn’t surprise me at all, I’ve seen a few rumors that the Pels are trying to get Zion and RJ tonight.

47 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yea man. I am missing your vids..

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

They are definitely unpredictable.  Whereas I would be adding more picks since they seem to be available (44 and 41 traded by Hawks) the early info is we want to get rid of 46.  I understand not wanting to be too young but anybody think our 11-15 players cannot be improved upon assuming Ross and Vuc are gone?  Can't see a need for Grant and Martin.  Maybe they have a master plan in FA but it looks to me that we will need players that we can pick up tonight.   But like you say they zig when we zag.  Will be interesting to watch.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

This is such a crappy draft there's not a real consensus. Just pick a random guy projected between 9 and 40 and he's our pick